Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

PCGS Lincoln 1964 PR68RB (Pop 1-0). B.O.

Cool looking, clean and slightly cameo specimen that was given a PR68RB by PCGS. Pop 1-0 modern. Anyone interested in securing? PM offers welcome.

Comments

• Options
  • Options

<< <i>image >>

Now how cool is that! image

• Options
    Just like mine only 3 points higher nice job Duane.

• Options
    Nice. How this toning pattern appears with some regularity...

Here's my theory. The Lincoln Cent resides next to the Jefferson Nickel in a 1964 Proof set. A small break in the plastic leads to nickel and oxygen combining on the copper Cent surface to form a nickel oxide coating on part of the Cent. What do you think?
  • Options
    How about a 1961 PR67RB

• Options
    Yeah. Same pattern. Same side. Same theory as the '64. What's the grade on the '61? PR67RB?
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    I've got a few examples with similar blue toning which are still in their original holders.

These are neat coins which I plan to send in eventually.

Great pieces imageimage
  • Options
    2 offers in. Anyone else interested in putting in an offer?
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think Duane was bumping. If all posts except his last one were the only posts in the thread, it would still be fourth from the top. I think he was just being polite by responding to posts directed toward him.
  • Options

<< <i>I don't think Duane was bumping. If all posts except his last one were the only posts in the thread, it would still be fourth from the top. I think he was just being polite by responding to posts directed toward him. >>

Bob's correct. I was trying to be a polite and attentive seller. And I am genuinely interested in how this particular toning came about. Also, I did not realize that we have a 'bump' rule, but will keep that in mind in the future. Thanks CK.

Duane

P.S. Below is an accompanying 1964 Jefferson Nickel to the 1964 Lincoln already posted. This piece is graded as a Proof 67, and I can tell you that has beautiful yellow and blue-green and pinkish highlight and eye-popping luster. It's one of the nicest I've seen. These are tough coins to photograph, but Phil Arnold did a great job. But still, in-hand is the way to really see the coin.

I'm taking offers on this coin, as well. And if anyone is interested, I have a beautiful grouping of Jefferson Nickels from 1950 to 1968-S - some raw, some slabbed, but all with really nice color and/or cameo eye appeal. Let me know if a particular year is what you are looking for, and chances are I have a nice example of the issue. Enjoy.

Best offer accepted, and I cover the shipping costs.

• Options
    66RB66RB Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭
    C'mon Duane, get me some MS Lincolnsimage

• Options

<< <i>C'mon Duane, get me some MS Lincolnsimage

I will - and this not a bump! image

image >>

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    very nice coins, good luck image
  • Options
    Sold. Thanks everyone!
    Duane
  • Options
    welcome back to the boards CoinKing90

this is the registry forum

who were you before?
  • Options
    PQpeacePQpeace Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭
    Nice !!
    Larry Shapiro Rare Coins - LSRC
    POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    Larry@LSRarecoins.com

PCGS Las Vegas June 24-26
    Baltimore July 14-17
    Chicago August 11-15
  • Options
    Thanks Larry!
  • Options
    which sold ?
  • Options

<< <i>which sold ? >>

Both. But thanks for the ask. Which one were you most interested in? I do have other similar coins. Let me know if you have a particular series and/or year, and I'll see if I can fill the need/want.

duane.blake@comcast.net

Regards,
    Duane