Home Sports Talk
Options

Giants v. Cowboys

Going out to NYC and going to my first Giant's game. It's at 4:15 Sunday. When does the tailgaiting start? Bars to hit before or after? What should I expect?

Comments

• Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>Going out to NYC and going to my first Giant's game. It's at 4:15 Sunday. When does the tailgaiting start? Bars to hit before or after? What should I expect? >>

I'd expect massive carnage..
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options

<< <i> What should I expect? >>

A blowout!
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I am hoping for a competitive game since I really don't care who wins... but I will root for the Giants just to be safe! image
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

How can a person with larryallen73 avatar not be for the Cowboys. He was a Cowboy you know??!! He was the best offensive lineman ever. He was on the Super Bowl teams of the 90's.

He HAS 3 rings!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    How can a person with larryallen73 avatar not be for the Cowboys. He was a Cowboy you know??!! He was the best offensive lineman ever. He was on the Super Bowl teams of the 90's.

Yes, true. I did root for the Cowboys when Larry played for them. However, my allegience to him is from college.
  • Options
    dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How can a person with larryallen73 avatar not be for the Cowboys. He was a Cowboy you know??!! He was the best offensive lineman ever. He was on the Super Bowl teams of the 90's.

He HAS 3 rings!!!!!!!!!!! >>

Where did he get the other 2 b/c he joined the Cowboys in 1994.lol

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
  • Options

True. That is why I didn't copy/paste that part of the other guy's message. I thought he might be off on that since I only have one Larry Allen Super Bowl intro in my video library.

By the way, Larry got a mention today on the Mike and Mike show when I was listening.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭✭

He HAS 3 rings!!!!!!!!!!! >>

As I've stated before, Dimeman is not interested in the facts. image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

Well excuse me if I didn't know the exact year Larry joined the Cowboys. I guess he came in right after the first two SB's of the 90's

So shoot me!image

As a fan I have all 5......countem.....5!image

How many do you have! Can you countem on one finger!image
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is now a "trap" game for the Giants. If the Cowgirls actually play to their ability in any game (which they might given the "wakeup call" of firing Mr. Music City Miracle), they just might steal a game from the G-Men.
  • Options

It wouldn't be a steal if they played to their potential. Because across the board (except for QB) they are as good or better than the giants.

That said, I don't think the answer is Jason Garrett at HC. I hope I'm wrong, but he has shown me nothing.

That being said, I don't even know who is going to be calling the plays on either side of the ball now!

Does anybody know???
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭

<< <i>It wouldn't be a steal if they played to their potential. Because across the board (except for QB) they are as good or better than the giants.

That said, I don't think the answer is Jason Garrett at HC. I hope I'm wrong, but he has shown me nothing.

That being said, I don't even know who is going to be calling the plays on either side of the ball now!

Does anybody know??? >>

You said they wouldn't win another game this year, and I asked if you wanted to make a wager, yet you never answered, care to now?
  • Options
    drew,

I really have no idea. We will have to see if the wakeup call woke them up. And even if everybody else plays hard, I don't if Kitna has it to be good enough to win. Plus who is calling the plays??

This Sunday will tell a lot.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>across the board (except for QB) they are as good or better than the giants. >>

Wow! Talk about looking through rose colored glasses.

Jones/Barber/Choice can't hold a candle to Bradshaw/Jacobs right now and I'd take the trio of Nicks/Smith/Manningham over Austin/Williams/Bryant. No one on the Giants defense stands out like the Cowboys' stars, but they play as a unit. The sum of the parts is far less than the whole for the Giants, but it works.

Dallas has a ton of individual talent (probably more than anyone in the league), but they refuse to play a team game and seem to quit when they get smacked in the mouth. That's not a good thing in the NFL.
  • Options

Finally an NFC East game goes as it should!
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, with such a large sample size to base that assessment on, I can see why you don't want him as a head coach..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Cowboys for beating the Giants - a rare time I was rooting for the Dallas Cowboys today.image
  • Options
    Good win for the Cowboys but they still need to address their running game and a pass rush that is averge at best. The OL continues to struggle moving defnders and Ware has disappeared the past four games. I'd like to see the DC be more creative w/ Ware and use him in stunts and lined up in different spots.

title.
  • Options
    I have heard that 2 or more coaches who are NOT coaching now and have won Super Bowls have been in contact with Jerry Jones about coaching the Cowboys.

Does anybody know who they could be?? I can't imagine Jimmy Johnson trying to get back with Jerry. That leaves Gruden and Cower that I can think of.

Anybody know......I sure don't think Garrett is the answer....even after the stomping we gave the Giants. All we did was help the eagletts and that makes me want to puke!
  • Options

<< <i>I have heard that 2 or more coaches who are NOT coaching now and have won Super Bowls have been in contact with Jerry Jones about coaching the Cowboys.

Does anybody know who they could be?? I can't imagine Jimmy Johnson trying to get back with Jerry. That leaves Gruden and Cower that I can think of.

Anybody know......I sure don't think Garrett is the answer....even after the stomping we gave the Giants. All we did was help the eagletts and that makes me want to puke! >>

Probably Billick, he has wanted to get back into coaching but can't find a job.

title.