Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

new weighted system (Imoprtant)

PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
I forgot the message!!

how many points you get if you own the coin?
how many points you get if you rent the coin?
How many points you get if you see the coin on ebay?
how many points you get ir you see the coin on Harritage auction?
how many points you get if you see the coin on an other auction site?
how many points you get if you see the coin on a dealers table?

Is this like a Poll ??
I hate Polls!!! image
Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

Comments

• Options
    merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    PT
    I am confused.I admit I don't understand this post.
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    Don, ptvetter is just bringing up the old fact that ANYONE can register coins in the PCGS registry as long as they are a member. You really don't need to OWN THE COINS. Just get the numbers from a web site like Heritage or Ebay. As long as someone else has not already registered the specific ID, who would know?

Of course this assumes that some people enjoy cheating. But with over 2200 sets registered right now, I'm sure there might be a few like that. That's why I don't take this registry thing too seriously. I do it honestly because I enjoy owning MY coins, even if they will never be the finest. Steve
  • Options
    I really don't see a good reason to weigh any coin? The whole idea is not in good taste. leave will enough alone. The only areas that need addressed are the following:
    Deep Cameo
    Cameo
    Proof Like
    Deep mirred proof like
    Full bands
    Full steps
    full bell lines
    red
    red brown
    brown

Did I forget something?
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pat:
      I have been kicking this around in My Feeble mind since yesterday. For Us in the Mercury Registry I believe the Weighting Issue has little or no effect to anyone. To Me completenes of the Set seems to be Everyone's Goal. The Deducting of Points if the Coin is not a FB coin even Frosts Me somewhat.
        The only Place I can see that a Set needs to be Weighted is if it is Complete. Then and Only Then do I see a Reason to have the Set weighted or the FB addition added. When the Set is Complete that is the Time to Compare it to another Set in regards to being the Finest Known or the # 37 Finest Known.
          To Me if we can Strive for Completeness and Have some Fun Doing it that is Reward enough for ME. Hopefully some Day we will all be able to Complete the Sets and then I am sure Everyone will be able to tell which is the Better Set as if it Really Matters anyway.
            If We were all as DEAD SERIOUS as some of the other Registry People seem to be then the Weighting is Critical. Thank God I picked a Series over 20 years ago to work on that is Enjoyable, Fun to put together and Attracts Collectors that Just Love To Collect
              Thats the End of My Sunday Afternoon Ramblings. Have a Very Nice Easter Sunday Evening.
                Take Care: Ken
              1. Options
                EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
                Do we have proof that TDN actually owns all those neat Pop1 TD's? How do we know he's not cheating? image

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

2. Options
                roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
                Yes, I see several items missing from the list of attributes:

Full beard (Lincolns)
                Full torch (Roosevelts)
                Full hand (Walkers)
                Full shield (SLQ's)
                Full claw and stars (Barber 50c and 25c)
                Full moon (Ikes)

And on the seated coins: full hair, full stars, full claws, full rock, full drapery, full sandal, and full pole.

roadrunner

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
              3. Options
                EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
                full horns for the buffs...

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

4. Options
                MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
                Roadrunner:

Probably it's a sign of my misspent youth, but when you listed "full moon" as an attribute for the Ikes, my thoughts ran in distinctly non-numismatic circles.

Mark
                Mark

5. Options
                lol
                Full Moon
                I love it
                the board is getting better

6. Options
                FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
                And Here I was Trying to be Serious !!!!
                  Back to "FULL MOON". Have Not Let One of Those Out Since the Summer of 1966 while Traveling Down I-80N towards Portland.imageimage Boy were the Elderly Couple Suprised to See Dual Moons Shimmering from the Passenger Windows of My Buddies 64 Chev Impala.
                    At My age now I would Probably still LMAO if someone MOONED me.image
                  1. Options
                    vam44vam44 Posts: 291
                    Weighting? You mean waiting!image
                    I`ve been waiting weeks to add 3 lousy coins to my set.I don`t know if it`s a problem with my pc or someone at pcgs don`t like me!image It says I`ve added them and I need to wait 3 days for verification...
                    I am tired of puching the #`s,I guess I`ll have to e-mail or call to see what the problem is!
                    I know one more designation, but I will refrain from mentioning it,Pat should know!image
                    A dealer once asked me if I noticed any three-legged buffalos on the bourse,to which I replied,"...no,but I saw alot of two-legged jackasses..."
                  2. Options
                    You know, I actually got mooned the other day at the Wendy's drive thru...some guys just doing a drive-by mooning. I couldn't help but bust out and laugh. Hahahahaha.