Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

To get an 2011 award do you have to purchase coins in 2011?

I have a question on the 2011 award on the registry. Do you have to purchase a coin in 2011 or can you just add coins after the 2010 awards are announced to qualify?
Winner of the "You Suck!" award March 17, 2010 by LanLord, doh, 123cents and Bear.

Comments

• LoveMyLibertyLoveMyLiberty Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have a question on the 2011 award on the registry. Do you have to purchase a coin in 2011 or can you just add coins after the 2010 awards are announced to qualify? >>

No you don't have to purchase them in 2011. You can use the ones left to you by your great, great grandparents.
    My Type Set

R.I.P. Bear image
  • ha!image
    Winner of the "You Suck!" award March 17, 2010 by LanLord, doh, 123cents and Bear.
  • GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have a question on the 2011 award on the registry. Do you have to purchase a coin in 2011 or can you just add coins after the 2010 awards are announced to qualify? >>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only requirement is that you own & posess them and have them registered in your set by the deadline.
    GrandAm :)
  • I would not expect you to have to buy new coins--just to have the best set at the time of the awards next year.

But, are you planning on not buying any coins in 2011?
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • GrivGriv Posts: 2,804
    You must buy them and add them before June 30th or they don't count for that year as far as getting an award.