Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Any good documentaries about coins?

I'm sure there is at least one worth watching, but haven't been able to find anything. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Options
    COALPORTERCOALPORTER Posts: 2,900 ✭✭
    There IS an excellent docum. on the history of the world's monetary system (well Eurpoe and the USA), but I cannot remember the name, but it was very good and I would like to watch it again. The show basically explained how it is all a giant scam planned out hundreds of years ago and has been run by The Rothchilds - the Bank of England, the Federal Reserve, JP Morgan (the man) were all just puppets. image Great informative show on PBS. (too boring for most people I would imagine), image

Here is how it works. Money is loaned out, we have inflation untill it becomes unsustainable and then, a few people must get burned real bad and die and are cast off ,and then the game is reset and it starts all over again.
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm sure there is at least one worth watching, but haven't been able to find anything. Any recommendations? >>

...i'm not exactly sure if this is what you had in mind but here are 7 informative coin videos here. image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,840 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all these years, I'd think a good novelist would have found a twist with the bank robbers of old. They just never had the wherewithall to consider the loot being worth more numismatically enough to write a good mystery, I suspect.

Thankfully we have Izzy Switt.
  • Options

<< <i>There IS an excellent docum. on the history of the world's monetary system (well Eurpoe and the USA), but I cannot remember the name, but it was very good and I would like to watch it again. The show basically explained how it is all a giant scam planned out hundreds of years ago and has been run by The Rothchilds - the Bank of England, the Federal Reserve, JP Morgan (the man) were all just puppets. image Great informative show on PBS. (too boring for most people I would imagine), image

Here is how it works. Money is loaned out, we have inflation untill it becomes unsustainable and then, a few people must get burned real bad and die and are cast off ,and then the game is reset and it starts all over again. >>

I would definitely like to know more about this show. Anybody have any info?
    Thanks.
    John
    Successful BSTs with lordmarcovan, pontiacinf, Harry779, ajia, jfoot13, coinfame, Hammered54, fivecents, Coll3ctor, al410, commoncents123.
  • Options
    There is a one hour show on the history channel about the US Mint. I always enjoying seeing it. In fact your avatar reminded me of the show because they go through the process of making a proof die. The die they are working on is the North Carolina Proof Qtr.
    It actually might be a "Modern Marvels" show.

John
    Successful BSTs with lordmarcovan, pontiacinf, Harry779, ajia, jfoot13, coinfame, Hammered54, fivecents, Coll3ctor, al410, commoncents123.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are two I know about.

Revenge of the Nerds

Revenge of the Nerds II

We did not choose a sexy hobby. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    canadanzcanadanz Posts: 617 ✭✭

<< <i>There are two I know about.

Revenge of the Nerds

Revenge of the Nerds II

We did not choose a sexy hobby. MJ >>

Sexy or not, with all of the money spent on the hobby I was sure there'd be at least a few good documentaries about it.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's funny you mentioned that. I'm hoping somebody would actually write a coin book full of stories, tales, backroom deals, monster discoveries, bloopers that sort of stuf. ColJessup, what say you?

canadanz,
    I know where you are coming from and I agree and hear you............MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ANA has a bunch of Numismatic Theater presentations available on DVD. It's not quite a documentary, but they do have useful info.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file