Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Grand Slam Bids questions.............

I just wanted to see if anyone here has used this site for selling and how they think it is. I know the site is new and it may take some time for it to take off but I wanted to get others opinions on it. I know I will eventually end up with a store because of the low fees but does anyone here have one of the stores? How easy or difficult is it to set up an auction? Any other advice or information?

How about buying, has anyone made a purchase through the web site? Any problems? Would you continue buying through this site?

Thanks,
Bob
ebay seller name milbroco
email bcmiller7@comcast.net

Comments

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think OAKESY25 was loading up a bunch of cards onto that site. Maybe he can chime in with how he feels about it so far.
  • Options
    arexarex Posts: 999
    Just cruising around it seems as though some of the T cards are selling and some of the vintage pre-war stuff.
    I havent seen any movement on 70's cards though. Of course I could be missing something too.
    Shoebox cards has a lot of items listed but doesnt seem to have sold much. Looking at their prices they seem to be pretty aggressive.
  • Options
    arexarex Posts: 999
    Although I do think that I will probably set up a store there eventually.
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    I opened a store with the help of Matt.. (msw here on the boards) he walked me through using turbo lister to copy my listings from
    ebay and transer to the site.. so far I haven't sold anything but am hopeful if we all start looking over there and listing
    our stuff.. it will happen.. I asked if they had anything in the works as far as promotion and was advised they do.
    So I think the more people who know about it the better chance we have.. I would love to end all my listings
    on ebay and have actually thought about it.. but I am hesitant until we get some more listings up there..

I actually also made my first purchase from Leon I believe the sites founder.. a Lou Gehrig card I am pretty excited about

so far nothing but positives, but it is going to take time.
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    Hey thanks guys. I think I will set up a store in a week or two when I get more time on my hands.

Thanks,
    Bob
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    It has potential. I'm wondering how buyers will have any type of protection?...through Paypal or something like that.
  • Options

<< <i>It has potential. I'm wondering how buyers will have any type of protection?...through Paypal or something like that. >>

First off, thanks for all the kind words. With your support then GSB stands a great shot of succeeding for all of us.

Anyone looking to sell at least 100 items can take advantage of our Grand Opening promotion, whereby there are no base listing fees if you are listing at least 100 items. To find out more or take us up on the offer, send us an email.

As far as buyer/seller protection, one of our core principals is to have no tolerance for fraud. To that end, we manually approve all bidders, expose the entire bidder list once an auction has ended, don't allow cards that are reprints/questionable authenticity in the normal categories and anyone committing fraud will be removed from the site. That should go a very long way to cleaning up many of the situations found elsewhere. Additionally, if the parties chooses to use Paypal payments through our system, they are protected under Paypal's policy. Google Checkout, which is also integrated into our system, also offers seller protection.

Grand Slam Bids
  • Options
    I have won cards in the alpha and beta runs of GSB and was very happy with the cards I won and how everything worked from a buyer stand point.
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    I only see stuff listed at certain prices and no real, no reserve auctions. Where are those located?
  • Options
    I don't think sellers will do many no reserve auctions because of the traffic at the site. Since it's new, the traffic isn't high enough to get prices that sellers want. I sell on ebay, but I would also like to eventually open a store on GSB because of the lower fees and the pain that is ebay. I'd like to see GSB spruce up TurboLister, so it'd be easier to get to 100 for the free listings. Right now on ebay, I don't have a store, but I'm just using the 100 free insertion listings per month, so I don't have 100 listings to copy. I just add a few listings when something sells. Then I'd dump 100+ BIN's on GSB. I know people hate BINs, but for my sales I like to be more reasonable in my prices, and usually I make sure I have the lowest BINs available for a particular card.
  • Options

<< <i>I don't think sellers will do many no reserve auctions because of the traffic at the site. Since it's new, the traffic isn't high enough to get prices that sellers want. I sell on ebay, but I would also like to eventually open a store on GSB because of the lower fees and the pain that is ebay. ... I know people hate BINs, but for my sales I like to be more reasonable in my prices, and usually I make sure I have the lowest BINs available for a particular card. >>

Exactly as you said - We know many folks will be reluctant to put 0.99 no reserve listings from day 1, but our hope is that, to start with, due to our lower fees, GSB will start as a place where people will post items for sale at reasonable BIN prices, thereby protecting themselves while still selling at a cheaper price then elsewhere. We've got no problem if the site starts out heavily tilted towards reasonable BIN listings.

CollectorAtWork - If you wouldn't mind emailing us to discuss the Bulk Lister, I'd very much like to get your thoughts. While it can be used to import thousands of listings from eBay in a matter of minutes, it can also be used to create new listings. There is also the ability within the site itself to use an existing listing as the basis for a new one, so if you have many similar listings to create you can do so by changing only the title and images if you so desire.
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Is hockey allowed?
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Can someone, or should someone, I should say list on both sites? (BIN's)

Of course with the appropriate caveats? That may be the way to go for now?

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    edited for a pm
  • Options
    Yes, I've seen some sellers (eg. dbvintage) use both ebay and GSB for the same card for BIN. I think the assumption is that once the card sells on one of the sites, the seller would automatically close the other one, with the hope that the card doesn't sell to two different buyers before the that happens.
  • Options
    yes, that is what I have been doing.. ending on gsb after an ebay sale..
    I have been told there is a plan to integrate the two down the road..
    but for now it is what it is
  • Options

<< <i>Is hockey allowed? >>

We added a hockey category a few months back due to the feedback received here on the CU forums.

<< <i>Can someone, or should someone, I should say list on both sites? (BIN's) >>

They certainly can - we would hope they would offer the items on GSB cheaper than on eBay due to the significant fee savings.
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    OK Thanks for the responses. I just opened a store and added my first card. Now the hard part.........listing the cards.........
    Thanks Bob