Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Official Desert Shield Braves team set thread

Since I started working on this team set a few years ago, I've noticed several others have started registering their Braves DS sets as well. I thought we could have a legit thread here to help each other complete the sets. Of the cards that I didn't submit to PSA myself, I've found more here on PSA than I found on Ebay, so I do believe there are some good resources here.

-Michael
Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.

Comments

• Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    My up to date Need/Have list is here as well:

Need (Player / Grade needed to upgrade my set):
    JEFF PARRETT / 10
    JEFF TREADWAY / 10
    JOHN SMOLTZ / 10
    JIM VATCHER / 10
    STEVE AVERY / Any Grade
    MARK LEMKE / 9
    MARK GRANT / 9
    LONNIE SMITH / 10
    DAVE JUSTICE / 10
    CHIPPER JONES / 10
    TONY CASTILLO / 10
    PETE SMITH / 9
    NICK ESASKY / 9
    ERNIE WHITT / 10
    MIKE STANTON / 9
    ODDIBE MCDOWELL / 10
    DWAYNE HENRY / 10
    MARTY CLARY / Any grade
    JEFF BLAUSER / 9
    JIM PRESLEY / 9
    GREG OLSON / 9
    FRANCISCO CABRERA / 9
    RON GANT / 10
    TOMMY GREGG / 9
    PAUL MARAK / 9
    BOBBY COX / 9
    KENT MERCKER / 9

Extras:
    TOM GLAVINE / 9
    JIM VATCHER / 8
    DAVE JUSTICE / 8
    LONNIE SMITH / 6
    PETE SMITH / 8
    MIKE STANTON / 7
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

• Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Mike,

Thanks for starting the the thread. Though it has been on my mind, I have been so busy working on other sets, I just haven't had time to do it. Hopefully I can submitt some Braves coming up soon. I have three raw sets and the one I am working on in PSA 9 or 10. I don't seem to have any luck with the Cox card. I have submitted five and all of them came back 8s. Though he was not a Brave in this set, I did recently get a PSA10 of the Murph for my DS set. I have several contacts for raw cards, but like I said, the Army has kept me extremely busy lately.

James
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    I am in the market for a Bobby Cox. I am trying to put together a raw/graded set of his. I'll start another thread on him, but the master set only lists 30 some odd cards and from my list it is actually around 150.
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
  • Options
    Good luck on your Bobby Cox quest. image

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options

<< <i>I am in the market for a Bobby Cox. I am trying to put together a raw/graded set of his. I'll start another thread on him, but the master set only lists 30 some odd cards and from my list it is actually around 150. >>

Sweet. Glad you're going to work on the Bobby Cox set too. I got that composite set up last year, but I haven't gotten around to actually registering any of my cards. I was hoping that a few other board members would work on it too. I'll look for your Bobby Cox thread.

• Options

<< <i>Mike,

Thanks for starting the the thread. Though it has been on my mind, I have been so busy working on other sets, I just haven't had time to do it. Hopefully I can submitt some Braves coming up soon. I have three raw sets and the one I am working on in PSA 9 or 10. I don't seem to have any luck with the Cox card. I have submitted five and all of them came back 8s. Though he was not a Brave in this set, I did recently get a PSA10 of the Murph for my DS set. I have several contacts for raw cards, but like I said, the Army has kept me extremely busy lately.

James >>

James- Long time no speak. Good to hear from you. I hear you about the DS Bobby Cox. I always look for them raw at shops and shows and haven't come across much thats worthy enough to sub. I did recently find a Blauser in a non-PSA holder that I plan to cross over (or crackout) and I think it has a legit shot @ 10. On another note- I emailed PSA a few months ago and had them take the Lonnie Smith variation out of the DS set. I had no luck searching for this card for years and after talking to many others, I've come to the conclusion that the Smith "games-played" variation doesn't exist in the DS parallel. If you come across one, let me know.

-Michael

• Options

Wanted to share the jewels of my DS set. I got the Andres Thomas from a PSA sub earlier this summer (card actually from a raw lot on Ebay a few years back) and I recently purchased the Glavine from Guy (Boopotts).

• Options
    Michael,

Congratulations, those cards are blazers!!!! I am submitting about 100 cards for my DS set and several of them are Braves. I'm hoping for 10s, but as long as they make 9's they will go into my set.

James

• Options
    There is a good looking Ernie Whitt in psa 9 that popped up on ebay if anyone is interested. Its not mine, just wanted to point it out, as I'm sure you don't routinely search for Ernie Whitt items. Item number: 170572083997

• Options
    I've done some upgrading over the past year. For those of you already into this Braves DS team set or for those wanting to start, I have these for sale or trade, with PSA grade in parenthesis:

Tony Castillo (9)
    Tom Glavine (9)
    John Smoltz (8)
    Jim Vatcher (8)
    Kent Mercker (8)
    Nick Esasky (8)
    Pete Smith (8)
    David Justice (8)

-Michael