Home U.S. Coin Forum

A BUNCH of modern mint rolls, is it worth selling or should I just take to bank

jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
I am selling the vast majority of my personal coin collection and among the "good" stuff, I have about 50 sealed US Mint boxes containing rolls of coins from the past 4-5 years. Doing a quick search on a few on eBay, looks like they might be worth a little more than what I could get at a bank them for. I'm not in the mood at all to create listings for all of these, should I just open them up and take them to the bank?

It includes pennies, nickels, quarters, and presidential dollars.

Comments

• jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and half dollars (I just found out)
  • DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭
    PM sentimage
  • canadanzcanadanz Posts: 617 ✭✭
    PM sent.
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mean to turn this into a BST post, just was wondering if anyone else had this problem and what they did.

I listed most of the boxes on my BST post,
    Link to BST
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had (and still do have somewhat) the same problem. At one point, I went through some rolls of halves and then took $300 in recent year Kennedys to the bank. The kid said, "wow, I didn't know they still made these".

I sold a few small dollar rolls, and now I am resigned to the fact that I need to open them and LOOK at them. lol

I managed to sell most of my cent rolls, but they weren't all that recent.

I've not had any serious nibbles on the nickels, and most of them aren't recent either.

For some reason, after I sold a bunch of my State Quarter rolls, more rolls of quarters kept appearing. It's a crazy thing to keep saving them, especially when you can't get rid of them. Argh.

The good news is that you can always cash it in for folding money or spend it a little at a time.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't mean to turn this into a BST post, just was wondering if anyone else had this problem and what they did.[/L] >>

What did I do with mine, I opened them all and searched for (and found) error coins. All non errors, (and all MS69's) got cashed in at the bank.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file