Home Sports Talk
Options

Cam Newton

mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
As I was watching the end of the Auburn / Ole Miss game last night, I noticed something odd on the sidelines. Cam Newton was celebrating with some players and coaches on the sideline as they were up by a few scores and it was in the 4th quarter Then the camera picked up Cam talking to one of the sideline officials. Cam went over to shake his hand (keep in mind game not over yet), and then you noticed the sideline official asking Cam a few questions and pointing to Cam's wristbands. Then, the camera picked up Cam taking off the wristbands and handing them to the sideline official, obviously as some type of gift. I guess this is a grey area, but I found it to be very inappropriate by both parties.
Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.

Comments

• Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

<< <i>As I was watching the end of the Auburn / Ole Miss game last night, I noticed something odd on the sidelines. Cam Newton was celebrating with some players and coaches on the sideline as they were up by a few scores and it was in the 4th quarter Then the camera picked up Cam talking to one of the sideline officials. Cam went over to shake his hand (keep in mind game not over yet), and then you noticed the sideline official asking Cam a few questions and pointing to Cam's wristbands. Then, the camera picked up Cam taking off the wristbands and handing them to the sideline official, obviously as some type of gift. I guess this is a grey area, but I found it to be very inappropriate by both parties. >>

Dude-lighten up.
  • Options
    personally i hate the sec, they think their god's gift to football, ive never seen anything like that in the big 12 or some Non AQ league that play for the game not the fame.
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭

<< <i>personally i hate the sec, they think their god's gift to football, ive never seen anything like that in the big 12 or some Non AQ league that play for the game not the fame. >>

LOL that is ridiculous and funny at the same time
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    why in the world would an official want some sweaty wristbands in the first place......oh well, guess everyone has their unique ideas as to what they want and need.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    maybe it was some card maker's official on field rep looking for the next hot collectible.....game used wristbands....
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>personally i hate the sec, they think their god's gift to football, ive never seen anything like that in the big 12 or some Non AQ league that play for the game not the fame. >>

LOL that is ridiculous and funny at the same time >>

That has to be nominated for post of the year. image
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I don't think this has anything to do with the SEC in particular. I assume the OP was making the point in general that it seems inappropriate and I agree. Seems odd.
  • Options
    CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    He traded it for a laptop!
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
  • Options

You're playing for the game, not the fame? Look "Illini fan", your Big10 teams ARE playing the same game, they are just playing it much much slower.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

• Options
    ESPN is reporting that a representative of Cam Newton sought $180k from Miss St. before he'd sign his letter of intent there. No allegation that Auburn paid him, but several sources affiliated with Miss State have gone on the record and provided statements to the NCAA regarding conversations they had last year with Newton's "representative." All the sports radio talk shows in the southeast are buzzing about this story this afternoon.

• Options
    The investigation started after being seen handing wristbands to a ref on the sideline. jk
  • Options
    CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    The timing of this is just plain bad for Auburn and Newton. I am withholding any judgement for now. My biasness here is clearly evident!
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
  • Options
    newest collectible, game used wrist bands.
  • Options
    Illini fan is just a hater because sec send him Ron Zook. Nothing personal I am in acc country.