Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My Heritage bids are somehow messed up

Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭✭
I placed a bunch of bids using Heritage Live today and won several lots. In looking at my winning bids, one of the coins I saw get knocked down to me is not in the list. On the list of winning bids, in the place where that coin should be, is a coin that I never bid on.

I've emailed Heritage and presume they'll get it sorted out; however, in all the time I've done business with Heritage I've never seen anything like this before.

Comments

• Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    I recently bid on one coin and the bid got entered on the next lot because of internet delay and the lot I wanted to bid on closed during the delay. Is the surprise coin you won the next numerical lot? --Jerry
  • Options

<< <i>I recently bid on one coin and the bid got entered on the next lot because of internet delay and the lot I wanted to bid on closed during the delay. Is the surprise coin you won the next numerical lot? --Jerry >>

No, it's 200 lots earlier.

The coin that is missing, I saw the green "you are the high bidder" message when the lot hammered.
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    Same here! It says I bid on an item and I know I didnt!
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    caitlincaitlin Posts: 858 ✭✭✭
    Same thing happened to me last night and the coin was not even on my bid list. Coin I would never bid on and was never in my sights. Good luck trying to get anyone to even respond at Heritage.
    A collector of high grade TONED BUFFALO NICKELS ,working on a PCGS REGISTRY SET.
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    same thing happened to me but not at Heritage

I was watching a live auction while doing other stuff in another browser

was scrolling down and all of a sudden I hear the 'ping' of your bid accepted
    and then the applause of congrats you won - I had to check what I won and how much it cost me

somehow my cursor was drawn to the bid now auction

on not winning what I thought I won, has happened a few times to me - easily explained if you go to the live auction

auctioneer calling bids from everywhere - including the 1 person manning the computer live
    who is also trying to keep bid prices current and place bids

they think they are high bid, auctioneer has someone elses bid - clerk writes down other 'live auction' winner
    overworked computer entry person thinks they won

at auction close, live winner pays and leaves with coin

and dissapointed internet winner sees the invoice without their item
    and goes back to item they thought they won, and may or may not have been corrected to live auction winner
    or still incorrectly has you as winner

which really burns you as you were willing to bid a few increments more and thought you got a good deal rather than no deal
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485

<< <i>Same thing happened to me last night and the coin was not even on my bid list. Coin I would never bid on and was never in my sights. Good luck trying to get anyone to even respond at Heritage. >>

I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I bet Heritage will indeed respond and take care of it. image
  • Options

<< <i>Same thing happened to me last night and the coin was not even on my bid list. Coin I would never bid on and was never in my sights. Good luck trying to get anyone to even respond at Heritage. >>

Heritage will make it right. You can be sure.
  • Options
    Bid via Heritage Live on Saturday. I know I entered the bid on a single lot and hit submit button, the bid showed up as being entered on the correct lot; but when the lot closed it seems to ignore my bid (I was signed off by the time the lot came up) and hammered down at an amount 10% percent less than I bid. First time I've had a problem with Heritage Live.
  • Options
    I had a problem like this and they returned my message promptly monday morning. Took a day or two to straighten it out but I didn't mind. They have good service. --Jerry
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is reassuring to see this thread tonight. Last night and today I have wracked my brain trying to figure out how I could have bid on and won a 1935-S NGC MS66 Washington Quarter. I don't even collect quarters. image
  • Options
    I contacted Todd Imhoff who I have dealt with before at Heritage. He said he will look into it asap tomorrow. I also had a coin show up on my invoice that I dont collect or have any interest in.

I am sure it will all be sorted out.
    Ankur
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options
    This sounds pretty widespread and I'm sure it will be difficult and perhaps expensive for them to resolve so many errors if they result in coins going unsold. I hope they don't have to suspend online bidding since I like it and have used it for some nice coins. --Jerry
  • Options
    I received my invoice by email today. They're asking me to pay for a coin I did not bid on in a series I don't collect. image
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    I also had a $400 mystery coin show up on my bids and wins as well, and was just going to call Heritage when I checked my on-line account. Looks like it got removed and fixed with no call from me. My guess is they had a glitch that got solved and corrected.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    swhuckswhuck Posts: 546 ✭✭✭
    We've documented a few cases of clerical errors in this auction; these have been corrected to the best of our knowledge.

If you have any additional questions about lots in this auction, please contact me directly at 1-800-872-6467 x1355.
    Sincerely,

Stewart Huckaby
    mailto:stewarth@HA.com
    ------------------------------------------
    Heritage Auctions
    Heritage Auctions

2801 W. Airport Freeway

Dallas, Texas 75261

Phone: 1-800-US-COINS, x1355
    Heritage Auctions
  • Options
    caitlincaitlin Posts: 858 ✭✭✭
    I called Heritage today and they took care of it. Way to go Heritage many thanks.
    A collector of high grade TONED BUFFALO NICKELS ,working on a PCGS REGISTRY SET.
  • Options
    I sent an internal email on Saturday and received a corrected invoice today.
  • Options

<< <i>I sent an internal email on Saturday and received a corrected invoice today. >>

Same result here. Heritage made it right. image
  • Options
    Same here. Thanks Heritage!
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options
    RWBRWB Posts: 8,082
    So...should the OP change the title on the post?
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my bid was messed up: it was way too high yet I still was the underbidder. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file