Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

1978 Sgt. Peppers unopened wax

I've 7 or 8 of these wax packs. They contain 7 cards from the 1978 Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band set.
This is, though, a rather weird wrapper.
Anybody know where this thing comes from?

Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

Comments

• Options
    That looks like a Topps fun bag pack. In the 1970s and early 80s, Topps would distribute a variety of packs in a bag for distribution. Here is a link for an eBay auction. The wrapper is different but it is the same concept.

Topps Fun Bag
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    I think the Sgt. Pepper was a Donruss issue, but they had similar repacks too.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Thanks gents. I hadn't thought of that. Nothing beats fun bags.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    I remember the first time I got my hands on those fun bags, good times. There would be a variety of different card packs all mixed together. Too bad they don't offer something similar today.
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    I completed a Mork & Mindy, Superman II, Threes Company, and 1973-74 Topps Basketball set through those bags in the late 70's. 30 packs of cards for 99 cents.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    Yes. That is the Topps version. It could contain a sports or non-sports card.
  • Options
    72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I remember the first time I got my hands on those fun bags, good times. There would be a variety of different card packs all mixed together. Too bad they don't offer something similar today. >>

I also remember my first time getting my hands on a pair of funbags. I married her a few years later.
    Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

Some years ago, I ordered a fun bag from Kruk Cards.

Their shipping guy sent me a whole case of fun bags by mistake.

I wanted to just go on a "ripping streak" for a week.

But my "inner senses" took over and I shipped the case back.

I wonder how many blazers I would have pulled from all those fun bags?

rd

I did get an extra Fun Bag out of the deal, plus a $50 gift certificate from Kruk! LOL

• Options
    Evening,
    Wow Bob, Wish I was as sure I would be as honest as you are. I would be tempted to keep it, and with what has come out about Kruk cards in the last few months, I am sure I would keep it!!!

Kudos for being the Honest person we all can Strive to be!! And I am not joking....AS always thanks again!!!1

Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!