Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

FSH: Gates Dollars "Your Reward for Catching A GATES MYSTERY MAN" 2 Morgans, 3 Peace $

This is a set of 5 silver dollars from the Gates Reward Program. There are 2 Morgans, 3 Peace Dollars included. The backing has been partially lifted (before it was in my hands) to uncover the reverses of the 2 at the bottom (1923-P Peace, 1921-D Morgan) but I don't know what mint mark, if any, may be on the top 3. They are 1921 Morgan and 2-1926 Peace Dollars. All 5 are average circulated coins.

Asking $120 which will include shipping; payment by PayPal (2.2% extra unless using the personal option), personal check or USPS money order.

If anyone wants to know the story of the Gates Program, I know a few things about it, but maybe others can fill in the blanks. The Gates Rubber Co. produced belts and hoses, etc. for automobiles. If a Gates Rep pulled into a service station and the serviceman checked his belts and hoses, they were rewarded with 5 silver dollars such as this. I don't know the years, but saw 1959 in the last paragraph below - anyone know how long they did this? And did the person get the reward for cleaning windows or any other services? I'd like more info too if anyone has it.

Have bought and sold on BST, many references available when asked.

Comments

• Options
    ttt during a Steelers commercial break...
    Have bought and sold on BST, many references available when asked.