Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2005 Opening Day Ball Usage?

I have a MLB certified baseball that is a 2005 Opening Day ball. However, when I look it up on the MLB database, it shows it was used during the first game of the second home series. I could provide photos, but it is not hard to imagine a slightly dirty ball. Would/could they have used an opening day ball that game?
Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.

Comments

• Options
    Took some photos...the paper non-coa, the holo is the coa, means it was bought from mlb.com.

Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • Options
    Sounds reasonable that they would use leftovers. Heck, I just learned they re-use pants. Joba had Clemens.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Collecting dirty balls, now, are ya?
  • Options

<< <i>Sounds reasonable that they would use leftovers. Heck, I just learned they re-use pants. Joba had Clemens. >>

Used pants? Here are a few of my better....if that is a correct word in this case...

2007 Derek Lowe (also have GU bat)

1989 Yankees Roberto Kelley (also have GU bat)

2005 Yankees Ruben Sierra (bought a GU bat 3 weeks ago...have not gotten, no response to e-mail...)

• Options

<< <i>Collecting dirty balls, now, are ya? >>

I really should not answer this after that last post.....

They are mostly for resale. I do like the signed GU balls however. The really good ones never stay around long.

John Maine

Aaron Hellman