Home Precious Metals
Options

What happened to blabber mouth Weiner??? Goldline not exactly the problem on second thought???

GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
Funny, your name is no where to be found in the news anymore.
Could it be your allegations against Goldline and Glenn Beck were more on the.....Uhhhh, political front!!
Excuse my ignorance if I lash out in error!!! image

Comments

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the dealers on our dealer-to-dealer network posted this Wednesday evening:

"Flippin channels again and stopped to watch Glen Beck for about
    30 minutes. Seems Goldline has a commercial every 10 minutes, so
    I called them and asked about investing in gold. They recommend
    the Swiss 20 Fr at $418.01 if I buy 20 coins. They said they would
    buy them back for $276.74. I guess they sell only to idiots who
    have never been in a local coin shop. They must not sell all that
    many as I dont remember seeing a bunch of them over a period of time.
    I guess they sell them back to Goldline as they are paying about $30
    over melt for the coins. Next time you find yourself competing with
    a Goldline customer, you can gouge and still look like a hero."

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    Then he posted this this morning:

"Called Goldline again last night and the guy assured me that the
    very best way to buy gold was the Swiss 20 Fr. Anything else
    would be subject to confiscation. Their spread on the 20 Fr was
    $145. I told him local coin dealer would sell me for $275 total.
    He said it was a good deal but who would buy them back? Also told
    him the local coin dealer recommended the 1 oz eagle. He again
    told me that kind of gold would be confiscated, but if I wanted to
    take a chance he would sell me for spot +$50 incl shipping. He
    read me the 1933 Roosevelt executive order. I still doubt if
    they can sell for spot +$50 considering their overhead."
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was an exception in Roosevelt's Executive Order 6102 for:

"gold coins having a recognized special value to collectors. of rare and unusual coins"

Question ... Why is the Swiss 20 Fr. believed to be the only non-seizable coin?

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CNI's sell price is $278. Their buy price is $258.

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weiner = Winer.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's probably busy running for re-election. Anyone know how he's doing against his opponent in the polls?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

<< <i>There was an exception in Roosevelt's Executive Order 6102 for:

"gold coins having a recognized special value to collectors. of rare and unusual coins"

Wondercoin >>

I can't stand the way most Goldline ads I've seen set up foreign gold coins so prominently.
  • Options
    Capitalism = Free markets. Weiner = ?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>There was an exception in Roosevelt's Executive Order 6102 for:

Wondercoin >>

We get so many people calling the store or coming in and saying that "pre-1933 gold coins can't be confiscated!" that this nonsense marketing must be working. I don't know why they push Swiss 20 Francs over French or Belgian, especially since many Swiss 20 Francs come dated after 1933 and you have to look at them. Perhaps it has something to do with the mystique that Swiss banking has for being secretive and secure. That has nothing to do with the coins, but we are not talking logic here.
    TD

I can't stand the way most Goldline ads I've seen set up foreign gold coins so prominently. >>

• Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    Keep in mind the 1933 Exec Order allowed each person to keep 5oz of gold no matter what. A family of 4 today could hold about $27k in gold and not worry about confiscation if the old laws would still hold. Truth be told, who knows what they would do. I doubt a second round of confiscation; excessive taxation is more like it.