Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Oversized holders coming...

As you all know, the 5 ounce National Park coins coming out and PCGS plans on making a special oversized holder for them. So I asked Jaime Hernandez in his blog....

Mike says:
October 27, 2010 at 12:27 pm
Hi Jaime,

Do you think PCGS will consider grading oversized coins like your Mexican Libertad kilo coin or Australian Lunar kilo coins? As you stated, they are very cool to own. Right now I have a few and would absolutely love to see them in PCGS holders and I’m sure others would too.

Jaime Hernandez says:
October 27, 2010 at 1:38 pm
Hi Mike,

Yes, I think we will and probably soon after we begin grading the 5 Ounce coins. I have not seen the NEW Large PCGS holders, yet. However, I think that any coins that are 3 inches in diameter or less will now be able to be placed in a PCGS holder.

Once I see the actual holder, I can let you know whether we can holder coins that are larger than 3 inches in diameter and if so, what the largest size would be.

Thanks for asking some very good questions.

jaime

I'm REALLY hoping PCGS will grade super large coins like the 1 kilo coins as NGC does. I know many other world coins are very large which is why I posted this in the this forum. I'm pretty excited about this. I'm thinking this might help the world coins get the surge it needs in terms of demand. Then having more registry sets open up will help too. Whatcha guys think??

Comments