Home Sports Talk

Brett Favre looks...

GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
very very old this season. I bet he regrets his decision to come back this season.

Comments

• << <i>very very old this season. I bet he regrets his decision to come back this season. >>

Brett looks like he aged 10 years between the end of last season and right now. He probably does regret it, his
    marriage is most likely a shambles right now with that text message/picture situation which most likely would never
    have seen the light of day if he hadn't come back and of course his overall poor play for the Vikings.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The off field issues are clearly weighing on his performance...that coupled with injuries have really limited him this season, and I expect he will finally retire for good at season's end. Last year was their chance for the promised land, but Brett blew it by throwing a pick instead of running for that 1st down late in the 4th vs NO..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    He should have just hung up the cleats even with the bad pick and he would have left on one of his better seasons in a long time. He has been overrated for quite some time now and this just makes him look worse.
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate to see him go out like Willie or because of it.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm stunned by his poor play and stupid off the field problems. Has anyone asked the question about the off field issue----Why was this not a problem 2 years ago? What's really going on with this Jen girl and what about the supposedly many Jets people who knew about this? I'm sure the commish is wondering this very same thing.

Favre is done and his streak is going to end one way or another. I could actually see him say he's done to not end the streak by suspension but rather injury or retirement very soon.
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That whole Jen thing is a joke........even if he did it there should be a statue if limitations on a obscene phone call. Let's get real! image

<< <i>I'm stunned by his poor play and stupid off the field problems. Has anyone asked the question about the off field issue----Why was this not a problem 2 years ago? What's really going on with this Jen girl and what about the supposedly many Jets people who knew about this? I'm sure the commish is wondering this very same thing.

Favre is done and his streak is going to end one way or another. I could actually see him say he's done to not end the streak by suspension but rather injury or retirement very soon. >>

$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • dantheman984dantheman984 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Awful Season for Brett. Last season he did great! It is time to hang it up Brett!
  • VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭
    He is finally looking like a guy that has played a few decades of football.
  • ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>He is finally looking like a guy that has played a few decades of football. >>

And enough of a selfish diva not to care how much it hurts his team as long as his precious streak is preserved.

My prediction is that the day his streak is broken is the day he retires. Favre only cares about Favre these days. Anyone hear his comments that he planned to start because if he didn't he wouldn't have joined the team on the plane? What a selfish jerk. Toughness is one thing. Stubbornness and hurting your team with your macho posturing and streak-worship are another.

Go away, Brett. The end of your career is reminding me of Steve Carlton's, and it's painful to watch a great player hang around longer than he should have, stinking up the joint.
    Favre has only cared about himself for quite some time.
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That whole Jen thing is a joke........even if he did it there should be a statue if limitations on a obscene phone call. Let's get real! image >>

This is somewhat serious -- this is sexual harassment of an employee -- and is against the law. If she were not an employee, yeah, he would be a scuzzball, but would not be near as serious.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, she was harassed..all the way to the bank...I'm just glad she has a good lawyer, the poor thing..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.