Home Sports Talk
Options

Scary Baseball Stats

markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

"Used with permission from John Dewan's Stat of the Week®, www.statoftheweek.com."

10) The worst hitter in baseball playing as a regular last year was Baltimore's Cesar Izturis with an MLB-low on-base plus slugging (OPS) of .545.

9) The worst pitcher in baseball was Jeremy Bonderman with an ERA of 5.53.

8) The worst fielder was Yuniesky Betancourt. He cost the Royals 21 runs with his poor defense at shortstop.

7) Chad Tracy went 1-for-24 (.042) with 11 strikeouts as a pinch hitter for Florida.

6) Angels' outfielder Torii Hunter was caught stealing 12 times in 21 attempts, for an MLB-worst 42.9% stolen base percentage.

5) The Ranger's Vlad Guerrero was thrown out attempting to advance on the bases in non-stolen base situations (for example, trying to go first to third on a single) an MLB-worst 12 times.

4) Ricky Romero, Toronto, threw 18 wild pitches, the highest total in the last five years.

3) Yankee A.J. Burnett hit 19 batters this season, the highest total (tied with two others) in the last six years.

2) Mark Reynolds’ 211 strikeouts was the second highest total ever. Only he himself ever had more, with 223 in 2009.

1) The Royals' Billy Butler grounded into 32 double plays. No one has hit into more in the past twenty-five years (Jim Rice, 35 in 1985)

Comments

• Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Those are some really ugly stats. I remember Rice hitting into a ton of DP's, but I did not know it was that many.
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    They probably make 60million total a year!
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Those are some really ugly stats. I remember Rice hitting into a ton of DP's, but I did not know it was that many. >>

Rice , hit into 36 Dp's in 1984 and 35 the following season.--- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell