Home Sports Talk

Stick a fork in the Rangers already.....?

Looked horrible the first two games, they better get their act together for game three...

Comments

• A two game losing streak in baseball in not uncommon.

• << <i>A two game losing streak in baseball in not uncommon. >>

It may not be uncommon but in a best of seven it is a cause for concern, especially since they now have to win 4 out of 5.
  • HallcoHallco Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A two game losing streak in baseball in not uncommon. >>

• GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Looked horrible the first two games, they better get their act together for game three... >>

The Rangers are good enough to bounce back and win it all. Not saying they will or it will be easy, but they have the pitching and offense.
  • I think the Rangers are done. Sanchez and MadBum for the Giants are both aces, and I can easily see them closing out the Rangers similar to when the White Sox won a few years ago. Sanchez can have control problems, but when he's on his game, he can be lights out. I like Bumgarner much better than Holland or whoever the Rangers have in game 4. If the Rangers are to get out of this, I think they have to win Game 3 (obviously). I think Lewis has actually pitched fairly well, so I think they have a 50/50 shot. However, then I think they have to pitch Lee on 3 days rest in Game 4. Cain is white hot right now, so the Rangers have to win a non-Cain game. Then everyone else has to come back 3 days rest so Lee would pitch again in Game 7.

The Lee game is not given anymore either, like Game 1. In a way, Lee reminds me of Kevin Brown when Brown pulled the Padres to the WS vs the Yankees. During that time, Brown was known as a big game playoff pitcher, and I can even remember Brent Musburger saying before the Series that he'd push his chips in with Brown. The Yankees end up beating him up. The thing about the Giants is that even though all year long they've never scored a lot, and offense has been a problem, they've been able to beat all of the top pitchers. In the regular season, they beat Jimenez, Josh Johnson, and every one of the Phillies Big 3. Then in the playoffs, they pinned losses on each of the Phillies Big 3 again. They're just not a team that's intimidated by Lee.