Home Precious Metals
Options

A cheep replacement for platinum and palladium in converters found!

This company is now using cheep base metals in catalytic converters instead of precious metals!. Could this be the end of high platinum and palladium prices? 2 links for info here Text info on new converters
Many successful BST transactions ajia
(x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
mariner67, and Mikes coins

Comments

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    More efficient use of pd and pt, but not a replacement for - is how I read it. Nanoparticles are being researched for other reasons, in medical as well - and they probably should be.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>More efficient use of pd and pt, but not a replacement for - is how I read it. Nanoparticles are being researched for other reasons, in medical as well - and they probably should be. >>

please read again! I think you will find this company is now using common metals in the converters they are making.
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since that paper came out 9 months ago, shouldn't its potential impact already be reflected in the price of platinum and palladium?

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, they are still incorporating pd and pt as catalytic "promoters" because base metals are not catalysts and cannot replace them. They are being made more efficient via particle size & better distribution on the surfaces of carrier particles. I suppose you could say that they are being "replaced" in that less is being used, but only as it refers to the structure of the metal matrix that holds the nanoparticles.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    cheep cheep