Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Time for a contest!!!

I haven't done a contest in quite awhile, the time is here. We took our female dog to the vet this morning and we are expecting 7 pups, sometime between tomorrow and ten days from now. Member with the closest answers gets their choice of any one of the custom cuts shown below, one guess per member and the contest will close when the first pup is born, or Sunday 10-31-2010 at 9 p.m. CST, whichever is sooner. In case of a tie, the person who posted first will be the winner.

Please submit your guesses for the following (all times are CST):

1. Date of birth
2. What time will the first pup be born (please specify a.m. or p.m., last litter was 2 a.m.)
4. How many boys?
5. How many girls?

Here are your prize choices.

Comments

• heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Date of Birth 10/31
    Time 1031 am
    Girls 4
    Boys 3
  • 1. Date of birth: 10/30
    2. What time will the first pup be born (please specify a.m. or p.m., last litter was 2 a.m.) 7:42 p.m.
    4. How many boys? 5
    5. How many girls? 2

Thanks!
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Nov. 1
    3:37PM EDT
    4 boys
    3 girls
  • Good Luck. What kind of dog?

DOB: 10/30
    5:35 p.m.
    Male: 2
    Female: 5
    Looking for Cello packs with Bill Buckner on top
  • heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    goose i think he will end contest the 31st.
  • GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    10/31
    Boys 5
    Girls 2
    2:30 PM
  • George, you are correct, your guesses must be in by the 31st or before if the pups come earlier than that. Cubsfan, they are Rhodesian Ridgebacks. I like everyones guesses on times so far, last litter started at 2 a.m. and ended 13 hours later....don't want another one of those. Hope your guesses on the number of females are off though, so far all except one call have been from people wanting females.
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Ridgebacks are awesome dogs. Had a customer that would bring his in sometimes. Gentle giant. Good luck with the litter Doran and thanks for the contest

I'll say

Oct 29th
    3:30am
    4 boys
    2 girls

and 1 hermaphrodite
  • Mike I clearly saw 7 skulls in the x-ray this morning, so if your guess is correct I'll have one with two heads.
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    1. 11/2
    2. 7:47 a.m.
    4. 3 male
    5. 4 female

thanks for the contest, Doran!
  • 11/1
    5:30 AM
    3 boys
    4 girls

Hope all goes well!!
  • jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    1. Nov 2
    2. 1:30pm
    3. 3 boys
    4. 4 girls
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    Oct 29th
    8:30am
    3 boys
    4 girls
  • lbcoach20lbcoach20 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭
    11/2
    2:34 pm
    4 boys
    3 girls

Booyea!
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    1. Date of birth 10/31/10

2. What time will the first pup be born (please specify a.m. or p.m., last litter was 2 a.m.) 4:28AM

4. How many boys? 2
    5. How many girls?5

Good health and luck to the MOMMA!
    Thanks for the contest Doran ... not yet sure which card I will take for winning ... I will let you know later on. LOL.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    Date of Birth 10/30
    Time 3:31 pm
    Girls 5
    Boys 2
  • !0-31-10
    4:18 AM
    4 girls
    3 boys

Thanks for the chance.

Congratulations and a hope for all healthy puppies,
    Ron

Edited for spelling
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    oct 30
    8pm
    3boys
    5girls
  • pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭
    1. Date of birth- 10-30
    2. What time will the first pup be born (please specify a.m. or p.m., last litter was 2 a.m.) 10:37p.m.
    4. How many boys? 2
    5. How many girls? 5

Edit: What kind of dogs are you breeding?
  • CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    Oct 31
    6:00 p.m.
    5 males
    2 females

Thanx!!!!!!

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • 1. Date of birth: 10/31
    2. What time will the first pup be born 9:30 p.m.
    4. How many boys? 4
    5. How many girls? 3

Thanks for the contest. Hope all goes well.

"It's not so important who starts the game but who finishes it."
    - John Wooden
  • Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Date of birth - 10/30
    2. What time will the first pup be born (please specify a.m. or p.m., last litter was 2 a.m.) - 4 a.m.
    4. How many boys? 4
    5. How many girls? 3
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭
    1. OCT 31
    2. 1 AM
    4. 6
    5. 2
  • alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    Nov 1
    552pm
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • nov. 29
    11:04 am
    3 boys
    2 girls
  • gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭

<< <i>nov. 29 >>

Certainly hope it isn't another month, poor doggy might explode.
  • handymanhandyman Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    7 and 1/3 is my answer for them all.
  • Time: 9:17am
    Boys: 2
    Girls: 5

Good luck and congratulations!
    Interested in any Favre stuff you have to offer. image
  • cadets68cadets68 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    1. Date of birth - Nov 3
    2. What time will the first pup be born (please specify a.m. or p.m., last litter was 2 a.m.) - 4:56am
    4. How many boys? - 5
    5. How many girls? - 2

Good Luck!

Shawn
    After those four National League games, Gorman Thomas was never the same, and neither were the Brewers, and come to think of it neither was I.

Josh Wilker - Cardboard Gods
  • Sunday 10-31-2010 at 9 p.m. CST

No Puppies till Nov.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Piman58Piman58 Posts: 814 ✭✭
    11/3/10
    7:46 AM
    1 male
    6 female
  • MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Good luck with the delivery!
  • JaktJakt Posts: 573
    1. 11/01/2010
    2. 9:30 am
    3. 5
    4. 2
    I'm building a 1968 and a 1970 Topps set. I have lots of 1970s and 1960s to offer in trade.
  • UphillUphill Posts: 359 ✭✭

1. Date of birth 10/30
    2. What time will the first pup be born (please specify a.m. or p.m., last litter was 2 a.m.) 9 p.m.
    4. How many boys? 2
    5. How many girls? 5

Thanks for the contest.
    Jamie

Looking for Charlie (Charley) Maxwell cards.
  • No puppies yet, and no more entries will be accepted after this post. Here are the members still in the running.

TNP777
    11/2
    7:47 a.m.
    3 male
    4 female

jimrad
    Nov 2
    1:30pm
    3 boys
    4 girls

lbcoach20
    11/2
    2:34 pm
    4 boys
    3 girls

Cadets68
    Nov 3
    4:56am
    5 boys
    2 girls

Piman58
    11/3/10
    7:46 AM
    1 male
    6 female

• Those are some really nice cards for the winner to choose from. Good luck guys.

I actually mean't to enter, but I thought I still had a couple of days???

Great contest Heritage. image
  • Sorry you missed out Trent, but don't worry I have another pup related contest planned for the other hangout after this one ends. Only 5 contestants left, good luck!
  • Looks like Geordie is our winner, first pup born at 6:55 this morning. Six more to go, hope it goes quickly...last time it was about 2 hours between pups. Thanks to everyone who participated.
  • jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like Geordie is our winner, first pup born at 6:55 this morning. Six more to go, hope it goes quickly...last time it was about 2 hours between pups. Thanks to everyone who participated. >>

imageimage
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Well I think it's all over, she had pup number 7 at 5:10 p.m. and then gave us a surprise with another pup at 7:00, final tally 7 boys 1 girl. Here is a pic of the puppy pile and a pic of the only liver male we had which is going to a soldier in Afghanistan who will be back in country just in time to pick it up....he and his wife are so excited. Now I just need to find some military desert camo to take pictures of his pup on.

Awesome!! Congrats Doran (and to the mom and dad)
  • vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    I would just like to point out I was the only person to chose 8 total puppies! image

Great looking dogs! You'll be a busy dog owner the next few months.
  • You are correct sir, I actually thought of that when you posted. Tell you what, I'll give you a runner up prize, the Doerr and Appling are gone, but if you would like one of the others send me a pm with your choice and address.

• << <i>I would just like to point out I was the only person to chose 8 total puppies! image

Great looking dogs! You'll be a busy dog owner the next few months. >>

I would like to point out that I PM'd vlad after his guess and reminded him that Heritage Addict had stated that there were only 7 puppies and he had guessed 8. He replied that dogs sometimes fool you and he was going for the long shot. I think great work on his part.

Ron
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Doran ... congrats to DA MOMA! Best of luck!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the pups
  • very nice!
    and thanks for the fun contest!