Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Crosby and Ovechkin UD Young Gun Rookie question.....

Values for these 2 cards are still strong(especially Crosby!) Do you think these are long(er) term keepers or should I sell now?

Comments

• MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    I think the Crosby is a for sure long term investment card. Ovechkin's could be - you need to watch him carefully because Russians in the NHL are a bit flaky.
  • HallcoHallco Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I know what you mean about the Russians. I think if Federov or Bure had played 5-10 years earlier their cards would be worth a lot more!
  • gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think if Federov or Bure had played 5-10 years earlier their cards would be worth a lot more! >>

??? They sure would have been worth a ton! A 10-15 year old playing in the NHL would be quite a sight! Both started in the NHL when they were 20 years old.

I know what you are saying, just busting on you. image
  • i'd switch that around, if ovechkin continues his pace of goals he may be a better investment than crosby, all that crosby has which is keeping his prices up are he is canadian and a cup.

<< <i>i'd switch that around, if ovechkin continues his pace of goals he may be a better investment than crosby, all that crosby has which is keeping his prices up are he is canadian and a cup. >>

That's why I think people should keep an eye on Ovechkin...unfortunately, Russians exit the NHL early and just about all interest is lost in their products at that point...but if Ovechkin stays then he could be the real deal.

As far as Crosby, he is the next best thing for Canadians since Gretzky/Lemieux - cup, gold medal...there will always be a market for his rookie.
  • Hold.

in a time where RCs that hold vallue are either: shiny/signed/numbered/gu or all of the previous, the Young Guns RCs are THE best rookie cards around considering they have no of the previously mentioned.
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle

<< <i>Hold.

in a time where RCs that hold vallue are either: shiny/signed/numbered/gu or all of the previous, the Young Guns RCs are THE best rookie cards around considering they have no of the previously mentioned. >>

I agree with what you say, but with this particular card (Crosby 05-06 #201), it seems UD did the right thing on limiting the amount they printed. How many did they print? I don't know. Recently we did a group rip on the 2005 UD hockey and nobody pulled a Crosby. Bill pointed out that there are only about one per case, and if this is right, it can only help the value of the card. It seems to be a legitimate short print run, without any serial numbered marketing gimmicks.

Plus with Crosby you have an entire market above the US who are completely gaga for anything associated with him...it's going to at least maintain the value it is at and I think in the next 10-15 years it could double...seriously.
  • probably should watch out to for stamkos, he is doing well.
  • jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    My opinion is worth about as much as a Pavel Bure rookie card, but I think in 10 years the Crosby or Ovechkin rookie cards will be worth about the same - as the Bure rookie.
    Of course I think our country is headed for economic disaster which will make most modern collectibles basically worthless.
    JMHO
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax

• << <i>

<< <i>Hold.

in a time where RCs that hold vallue are either: shiny/signed/numbered/gu or all of the previous, the Young Guns RCs are THE best rookie cards around considering they have no of the previously mentioned. >>

I agree with what you say, but with this particular card (Crosby 05-06 #201), it seems UD did the right thing on limiting the amount they printed. How many did they print? I don't know. Recently we did a group rip on the 2005 UD hockey and nobody pulled a Crosby. Bill pointed out that there are only about one per case, and if this is right, it can only help the value of the card. It seems to be a legitimate short print run, without any serial numbered marketing gimmicks.

Plus with Crosby you have an entire market above the US who are completely gaga for anything associated with him...it's going to at least maintain the value it is at and I think in the next 10-15 years it could double...seriously. >>

i dont think the Crosby is harder then any other YG from the release. i pulled 3 sids in 2 boxes when the product came out
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle