Home Sports Talk
Options

Salary Disparities of Teams in the Playoffs

It was so great to see Texas and San Francisco beat their much more well financed rivals. I hope Cliff Lee stays with Texas and doesn't get tempted by big money.
Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

Comments

• Options
    Cliff Lee is probably in the best position he will be in for the rest of his life. Especially if he dominates again in the World Series. I can't imagine Cliff Lee NOT taking the big bucks. Now, I have no idea whether that will be in New York or Boston or LA (or even Texas) or wherever, but if he doesn't cash a huge paycheck then someone advising him is an idiot.
    It isn't like he has been in Texas for ten years. He owes them nothing. They got him for the homestretch and he has delivered. I'd like to see him stay in Texas too, but if the Rangers want him they best be prepared to open the coffers...
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    jivanjivan Posts: 1,009

<< <i>Cliff Lee is probably in the best position he will be in for the rest of his life. Especially if he dominates again in the World Series. I can't imagine Cliff Lee NOT taking the big bucks. Now, I have no idea whether that will be in New York or Boston or LA (or even Texas) or wherever, but if he doesn't cash a huge paycheck then someone advising him is an idiot.
    It isn't like he has been in Texas for ten years. He owes them nothing. They got him for the homestretch and he has delivered. I'd like to see him stay in Texas too, but if the Rangers want him they best be prepared to open the coffers... >>

WHAT IS A COFFER??
    always looking for 1969 graded basketball
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Cliff Lee is probably in the best position he will be in for the rest of his life. Especially if he dominates again in the World Series. I can't imagine Cliff Lee NOT taking the big bucks. Now, I have no idea whether that will be in New York or Boston or LA (or even Texas) or wherever, but if he doesn't cash a huge paycheck then someone advising him is an idiot.
    It isn't like he has been in Texas for ten years. He owes them nothing. They got him for the homestretch and he has delivered. I'd like to see him stay in Texas too, but if the Rangers want him they best be prepared to open the coffers... >>

WHAT IS A COFFER?? >>

. coffers, a treasury; funds: The coffers of the organization were rapidly filled by the contributions.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    The Giants 2 most highly paid players aren't even starting (Zito = $18.5 m; Rowand = $13.5 mil). That's not evidence of depth though, it's just evidence of horrid player contracts.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Just as bad as Drew, Beckett and Lackey.