Home Sports Talk
Options

Phillies loss in the NLDS.....

GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
was a major choke job. I am not taking anything away from the Giants at all. The Giants pitched better and they had all the timely hits in the series. But, after the September that Halladay, Oswalt and Hamels had, I would have to say that it is a major dissappointment.

Comments

• Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    I'm sure the Phillies loss in the NLCS will go down as one of the better choke jobs in MLB history.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer team. image
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>But, after the September that Halladay, Oswalt and Hamels had, I would have to say that it is a major dissappointment. >>

Lets look at those numbers:

Phillies in September:
    Halladay: 5-0, 3.44 era, 1.036 whip
    Oswalt: 4-1, 1.82 era, 1.096 whip
    Hammels: 4-0, 1.31 era, 0.823 whip
    Blanton: 3-0, 3.58 era, 1.407 whip
    Bullpen: 5-2, 4.48 era, 1.640 whip

In contrast...

Giants in September:
    Lincecum: 5-1, 1.94 era, 0.936 whip
    Cain: 3-1, 3.29 era, 0.829 whip
    Sanchez: 4-1, 1.01 era, 1.037 whip
    Bumgarner: 2-2, 1.13 era, 1.094 whip
    Bullpen: 4-1, 0.90 era, 0.750 whip
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm sure the Phillies loss in the NLCS will go down as one of the better choke jobs in MLB history.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer team. image >>

Unless you include the Yankees choke in the ALCS. At least most of the NLCS games were close.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    The Yankees did not choke. They lost to a better team. Josh Hamilton was the best player on the field from either team. Cliff Lee was the best pitcher of the 2 teams. Texas undoubtedly runs the bases better. Posada throws out like 12% of would be base stealers. I believe Jeter ended the year batting like .270--Texeira batted like .260---Arod like .270. Other than Sabathia, no real good starter for the Yanks.

I could go on and on. The Yankees are nearing the end of the line of greatness for these few players. Jeter will command a ton of money and has almost no chance of living up to it. He will be paid based completely on being the face of the organization.

I have 1 real question and I'm not kidding.... Over the past 3 seasons has Arod been a great player? Is he a great player anymore?