Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

Midieval Silver from Allen G. Berman?

Hi, I am primarliy a US coin collector. I am looking to change my focus to midieval coins, I have always had a fascination with them.
I saw an ad from Allen G. Berman for midieval silver coins for $9 each. Has anybody ordered from him this way? Is there a possibility of getting an interesting selection by ordering a few from him this way? I'm just thinking of a way to get a few coins and get the interest going? Kind of a way to open the door.

Thanks for any info.
John
Successful BSTs with lordmarcovan, pontiacinf, Harry779, ajia, jfoot13, coinfame, Hammered54, fivecents, Coll3ctor, al410, commoncents123.

Comments

• Options

You may get more response to this if you post it in the World Coin forum. But in response to your question, I haven't purchased from this seller but have seen the ads. I can't imagine that you'd get much of interest this way, but I could be wrong. You'd probably do well to do a quick search of your areas of interest over on Vcoins or a similar site. Just browse for a while and see what strikes you as interesting. There are come great medieval coins to be had for under $50, but I can't think of much for under $10.
  • Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭✭
    Allen wrote books on Medieval coins, Papal coins, and coins of the Crusaders.

http://www.bermania.com/

Contact him prior to purchase, he's very easy to work with.
    Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options
    Allen is a top notch dealer and extremely honest. He also knows his stuff. Order away!
    Lurker since '02. Got the seven year itch!

Gary
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭
    I've always been happy with my purchases from him, and he is recognized as an expert in medieval coins.