Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Let's Rename this Board

It appears this is no longer the "PCGS Set Registry Forum". It now appears to be the "Wondercoin's Newest Coin for Sale Forum". Perhaps we should just rename the board and get it over with.

What's wrong, Mitch - not enough exposure over on the "Coins for Sale" forum???? BTW - I hope you are not a PNG member - offering a coin for sale on this board after it had already been sold on ebay would be a serious violation of PNG rules. Not to mention that it's blatent hype and in total bad taste.

Are you a member of PNG??

Comments

• Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    How about the whining / pissing / moaning board?
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That one's already spoken for image
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about getting back to the Set Registry Board and Posting Selling Posts on the BST Board where they BELONG !!!
      What a Thought this IS.image
    1. Options
      BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
      Fairlaneman - You hit the nail on the head. We are allowed to use this free forum for our amusement, If we continue to abuse the privelege by bad language, bad manners and selfserving gameplaying then we deserve to lose this forum. My experiance with a number of members of this forum has been outstanding and it is to you great guys & gals that I ask support in restoring the dignity and friendship this forum deserves and demands. Regards Bear
      There once was a place called
      Camelotimage
    2. Options
      wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
      "offering a coin for sale on this board after it had already been sold on ebay would be a serious violation of PNG rules"

TDN: And just what coin might you be referring to? I certainly have no clue at this moment? Wondercoin.

P.S.

"I believe if you check pop.1`s feedback ; you will see he just bought the MS-67 coin in question from EBAY!! So all wonderboy and POP.1 are doing is stroking each other at the boards" exspense"

Ah: You mean the "troll's" statement that Pop1's purchase of a 1950(s) BTW in PCGS-MS67 on ebay recently is the same coin as my 1949(p) BTW!! Your "campaign" will get you nowhere. Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
    3. Options
      If it's not the same coin, then there is obviously no violation of PNG rules.

For the good of the forum, I will from here on refrain from flaming PCGS over the Eliasberg cameo and grades issue. They are certainly aware of it and choose to do nothing. My continued harping on the issue will accomplish nothing.

Mitch: The truth is usually between two extreme viewpoints. Certainly a lot of what you state contains elements of the truth and a lot of what Greg states contains elements of the truth. Perhaps, in the same spirit of the pledge I have made above, you could scale back a bit on the coins for sale and hype on the Registry forum.
    4. Options
      "If it's not the same coin, then there is obviously no violation of PNG rules.

For the good of the forum, I will from here on refrain from flaming PCGS over the Eliasberg cameo and grades issue. They are certainly aware of it and choose to do nothing. My continued harping on the issue will accomplish nothing. (In my opinion, I'll have the last laugh when their stock hits new lows over their obvious lack of concern for this and other customer satisfaction issues).

Mitch: The truth is usually between two extreme viewpoints. Certainly a lot of what you state contains elements of the truth and a lot of what Greg states contains elements of the truth. Perhaps, in the same spirit of the pledge I have made above, you could scale back a bit on the coins for sale and hype on the Registry forum. "

TDN: Glad to see you were quickly able to dicipher the difference between a 1950(s) BTW (which pop 1 bought recently on ebay) and my 1949(p) BTW which pop 1 bought from me on this board!!

RE: Your pledge: I'll do one better. I'll simply offer the coins from now on over at the BST board -sound good? You were not around at the very beginning of this board where MANY members supported/requested that I post here first so they could have first crack at certain coins. I have no problem moving my offerings over to the BST board. Sound good? Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
    5. Options
      Although there might be a lot less to talk about without my incessant harping and your relentless aggressive promotion, it appears it will make the forum a lot more peaceful! image

I think it's a good solution all the way around.

6. Options
      BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
      Well said and well done gentlemen. Thank you both. Regards Bear
      There once was a place called
      Camelotimage
    7. Options
      Wheres FOUNDING FATHER he could straighten this forum right outimage
      FORMER # 1 NOW # 3 ON ALL TIME FINEST CLAD QUARTER COLLECTION

PCGS THE ONLY WAY TO GO

Ed
    8. Options
      I hate to re-open this after everyone (MItch and TDN) have sort of agreed. But some time ago this discussion of posting items for sale on this board was raised. I thought the concensus at that time was that this IS an appropriate place for REGISTRY quality coins for sale. I, for one, like to see high quality coins here, rather than wading through everything on the BST board.

I, personally, think that registry quality coins (which is a little hard to define what, exactly, that means) like most of the ones Mitch offers DO have a place here -- and I though many others agreed with this view the last time this discussion came up a couple months ago. Especially coins that are NOT posted on eBay or other auction sites.

Pete
    9. Options
      BRdudeBRdude Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
      There are 8 or 9 threads on the first page with Wondercoin's offerings. I think it belongs onthe BST board. Although I wouldn't mind at all anybody offering things in their posts. Links or whatever, I just think he's getting a little carried away. I don't really mind, but think it is better on the BST board.image
      AKA kokimoki
      the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
      Join the NRA and protect YOUR right to keep and bear arms
      To protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not soundness of heart. Theodore Roosevelt
      [L]http://www.ourfallensoldier.com/ThompsonMichaelE_MemorialPage.html[L]
    10. Options
      You are absolutely correct, Pete. However, since you presented your idea in such a gentlemanly manner, it will be soon forgotten. Mitch has acquiesced to the boisterous, again. Personally, I don't like the idea of his offer to move sales to the BS board.
    11. Options
      Pete: Thank you for the post and I believe that my offerings here in the past year have been with the overall approval of the interested modern collectors of this board. But, I totally agree the key here and now on the boards is "peace" and "harmony" and so even if a minority of members are bothered by the offerings, I have no problem listing them on another board. Wondercoin.
    12. Options
      TypetoneTypetone Posts: 1,622
      Mitch:

Just keep posting here. That's what we agreed to, and I personally like to see what you are offering. Same with anyone else. I post here from time to time myself and expect to keep doing so. Just put some idea of what you are offering in the title. Then anyone who doesn't care to look doesn't have to and won't miss anything.

Cheers

Greg
    13. Options
      Greg: Since I have always considered you "the voice of reason" around here, I will reconsider and continue to list coins on this board from time to time as well as the BST board. Thanks Greg for letting me know you have enjoyed my offerings image Wondercoin.
    14. Options
      orevilleoreville Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
      Personally if there was only one thread on this board to list all the various items for buy and sell and trade that would do the trick rather than clutter up this board??

This way if there is an update to what is available then we don't have to go all over the place just to find out if there is any new things of interest?
      A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
    15. Options
      What has changed? I thought this had been settled a long time ago? Mitch has wonderful deals and coins that are trully Register quality, in fact they are often the best for the issue. I also beleive that he had a part to play in there even being a specific forum for just the "Reg. Heads". I don't want to see those offerings lost on the BST board where there is an Ebay auction notice put up every 10 seconds! I much prefer seeing them offered here as opposssed to having to compete with with fellow members of the board for the same coin on Ebay which will be the only place to get these coins if Mitch didn't post them here first. He is not the only one. I only single him out because he consistantly comes up with the best. The thread discription says "For discussions about PCGS registry sets - building them, buying them, selling them, collecting them." Lets move on.

Larry
      Dabigkahuna
    16. Options
      Mitch,

You should keep posting the Registry Quality coins for sale on this board, as it pertains to it (hence the name "PCGS Set Registry Forum"). I have bought some Registry Quarters that are extremely hard to find and this is the only board I look at, so if you hadn't poster to this forum I would not have been able to find it (and at an unbelievable price and quality too). Thanks Mitch I really appreciate you posting the coins that you have for sale here, as do many more of us, to give us "first crack at" before you go to EBay. As for the people who disagree, well there are always some people who don't agree with everything.

For the people who don't like Registry Quality coins for sale posted here (it's not as if Mitch is selling raw coins that aren't in good condition), why has everyone only been "picking" on him, and have not mentioned any other people who post their coins they have for sale here? He posts coins he has for sale Professionally and with class. It's not as if he is making posts to sell "loan" coins for registry sets. image

I have an idea.....why don't we take a poll?image

Sincerely,

Chris

WWW.wondercoin.COM (Offering the finest modern high-grade coins at the best price/quality)
      I am waiting to restart my mint State Quarters Registry Set.
    17. Options
      lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
      Wow-

I feel like I'm back on the old eBay coin Chat. (Remember those days, oreville?) image

Such warm camaraderie and fellowship! (sarcasm) image

Actually, I am glad that there is no strict rule against selling on here, as there is on eBay's chat. It has helped me out more than once. As long as somebody doesn't monopolize the board with it or start selling A***grade slabs, what's the harm?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
    18. Options
      Thanks guys. I will continue to post neat registry coins here, but will continue to try to consolidate them into as few separate listings as possible. This, I believe, accomplishes most everyone's goals image Wondercoin.
    19. Options
      vam44vam44 Posts: 291
      Wondercoin,
      A single thread titled "Wondercoin`s latest Goodies" might work.Those not interested could ignore it; and more importantly,they might refrain from insults and the like(I can dream).This was suggested by someone else earlier.
      Also, someone mentioned the fact that a bunch of members list their wares here.I`ve seen it numerous times.Sometimes,a feel for a particular coin`s worth can be obtained,as well as some good laughs...image(your asking price!).image
      A dealer once asked me if I noticed any three-legged buffalos on the bourse,to which I replied,"...no,but I saw alot of two-legged jackasses..."
    20. Options
      orevilleoreville Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
      wondercoin: It might even be better to have that single thread have not just your goodies for sale and what you are looking to buy but also every one else's as well. This way it is a big time saver. Lets just call it a generic... "GOODIES TO LOOK AT, BUY OR SELL!" ............ without specifying who is selling buying or looking! The details would be in the detail pages. No sex either!! image

Such thread should last no more than one week so that we have a nice neat archival system to look up what previous asking prices are.

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
    21. Options
      shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
      Why don't we start a "Set Registry Quality B/S/T Board" so superior coins don't have to be listed with circulated and raw trash? image
      Obscurum per obscurius
    22. Options
      cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
      Mitch,
      Keep those post coming. Works for me.

Happy easter all.image

Kenny
    23. Options
      I was here in the beginning and at that time we agreed to have SRQ coins listed here. As a matter of fact for the right price I have the following coins for your consideration:

1994 Jefferson SMS PCGS MS69 FS
      1997 Jefferson SMS PCGS MS69 FS
      Bill

09/07/2006
    24. Options
      1997 Jefferson SMS PCGS MS69 FS SOLD
      Bill

09/07/2006
    25. Options
      I think a nice new nickname for this board would be "The Kitchen". This would refer to the extreme heat created here, and our need, at times, to don our finest fire retardent clothing. And although heads are hard here, hardhats, not chef's hats, are still recommended. Have Fun. image