Home Sports Talk

Fox may get the world series they least wanted

Giants-Rangers looks like a ratings dud. Yankees-Phillies is the matchup they most wanted but at least 1/2 of that
equation is now out.

The suits at Fox are surely rooting for the Phillies right now to salvage something at least.

Comments

• twileytwiley Posts: 1,923

<< <i>Yankees-Phillies is the matchup they most wanted >>

I disagree from what I have seen so far.

If you watched the ALCS on Fox's sister channel TBS. It surely did NOT seem that way. The horrible announcers were clearly anti NY Yankees.

I watched Thursday's NLCS game on Fox and 2 huge d-bags Joe (mono toned boring) Buck and Tim (wet brained from all the drinking) McCarver were clearly pushing for a SF win. They both seemed annoyed the series had to go back to Philly...
  • The opinons of the people announcing the game mean nothing, what matters is which matchup
    is going to get the most eyeballs, Yankees-Phillies being big market teams with better known players
    is the matchup Fox would want to see. You can be sure the suits at the network (not the game announcers)
    are hoping the Phillies can pull it out.
    I agree suits rather see NY vs Philly because the money.

Still a boss is a boss.

Wouldn't you think the big suits would tell drunken Tim McCarver to STFU when it comes to bashing either NY or Philly when announcing?

Especially if they are pulling for those big dollars?
  • Does it really matter?

Cliff Lee against the Yankees Monday night was the most hyped baseball game in a long time. Yet, the blowout Titans/Jags football game crushed the Rangers/Yankees in the ratings.
  • GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Football is in a different stratosphere right now.

<< <i>Does it really matter? >>

Yes. With my experience with big suits that have a lot of $. It seems $ always will matter. Right down to the very last dime.
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Football is in a different stratosphere right now. >>

No kidding. The horrible Jags-Titans MNF game had better ratings than the LCS game that night.
  • larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭
    It's funny since the Bay Area is a relatively populated area and all of Nor Cal (from Fresno to the Oregon border) are predominately Giants fans. However, I believe it's true that Fox didn't want the Giants in terms of ratings. The Rangers as well of course. Oh well, they got them and it's probably going 7 games!