Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Mexican Numismatic Society Announces 2011 Convention Schedule

The Sociedad Numismatica de Mexico (Mexican Numismatic Society) has released their 2011 convention schedule.

All conventions will be held in the usual location, the Hotel Del Prado, 399 Marina Nacional, Mexico City. Special convention rate is available (not on website) or Executive Package via website.

March convention:

Wednesday 9 March 2011 (1:00 PM to 8:00 PM): dealer setup and early bird admission (200 pesos, includes lunch buffet)
Thursday 10 March 2011 and Friday 11 March 2011 (10:00 AM to 8:00 PM): public admission (free)
[There is an auction on Thursday and/or Friday afternoon. Details are being finalized.]
Saturday 12 March 2011 (10:00 AM to 3:00 PM): public admission and education program (free)

September convention:

Pre-convention trip to the State of Morelos 24-25 September following the route of General Emiliano Zapata during the Mexican Revolution. Trip costs 2200 Pesos (double occupancy, but single supplement available) and includes one night at an old Hacienda, breakfast on Saturday, fancy lunch on Sunday, and round-trip bus transportation from the host hotel in Mexico City. There will also be a short train trip with a special photography contest. More details to follow.

Convention dates:
Wednesday 28 September 2011 (1:00 PM to 8:00 PM): dealer setup and early bird admission (200 pesos)
Thursday 29 September 2011 and Friday 30 September 2011 (10:00 AM to 8:00 PM): public admission (free)
[There is an auction on Thursday afternoon @ 4:00 PM at the convention venue. Lot viewing is Wed & Thu. Pickup is Fri & Sat.]
Saturday 01 October 2011 (10:00 AM to 3:00 PM): public admission and education program (free)

Membership is 500 pesos/year. If interested, please PM me for details.

Mexico City is SAFE! I have been going for 13 years without any problem.

Comments

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note updated dates.
  • Options
    Further updates.
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to go but the show runs against London's Coinex week this year. Not to mention a four day Kuenker sale in Osnabrueck the same week, which I will probably cover in a day trip from London.

In other words, it's hard enough being in two places at the same time. Three is impossible.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    Andy, I brought that to their attention, but they were at the mercy of the hotel availability

I wanted to attend COINEX this year too.