Home Sports Talk
Options

If George Steinbrenner was still around. Joe Girardi would be fired...

... and Billy Martin would be the skipper for 2011. Listening to Joe whine after tonight's loss. I hope Hal pulls out his father's old axe.

Comments

• Options
    How about the Yankees and their apologists just admitting that they got beat by a better team?
  • Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    Texas won fair and square. They played much better baseball.

You still can't look away from the fact that a lot of poor coaching decisions had been made. In the end they lead to the games get away from them.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joe sure left his pitchers out there toooooooo long...... and walking someone to get to Vlad!!!image
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Joe still might not survive this especially the fact that the Yanks spent a fortune on this team.Why did the Yankees only have one lefty relief pitcher?
    Heads will roll in NY soon.

GO TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GO ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options

<< <i>Joe sure left his pitchers out there toooooooo long...... and walking someone to get to Vlad!!!image >>

Walking the soon to be AL MVP and the hottest hitter on the team to get to an aged slumping Vlad? What manager wouldn't walk Hamilton?
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Joe sure left his pitchers out there toooooooo long...... and walking someone to get to Vlad!!!image >>

They did not have a good bullpen and if he pitched to Hamilton and he got a hit they would have said why didn't you walk him with 1st base open.
  • Options

<< <i>

Walking the soon to be AL MVP and the hottest hitter on the team to get to an aged slumping Vlad? What manager wouldn't walk Hamilton? >>

I agree with that call to walk Hamilton, but not ever time!

imo Girardi left pitchers in there way to long which lead to more runs which added to the bullpen meltdown. Thus the blow out games.

Game 3 is a perfect example. The game was a 2 run game until the ninth inning. IMO Girardi let the game get away by leaving Robertson in after Moreland's single. After that single Robertson should have been pulled out. I even said that right after the hit. "Get him out of there." If he put Mitre in after that single the rally might have been stopped. Mitre did get Young to ground out and then Hamilton (as TBS announcers call him "The Natural") to fly out.

That is just one example. I could go on but why bother.

Girardi is a whiny beyatch. His whole sob interview after the game last night was just down right pathetic. It seems Girardi has an excuse for everything.

Joe Torre never would have made me feel embarrassed to be a Yankees fan like Girardi does.

• Options
    lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭
    yeah it's Girardi's fault the front office gave a (at best) #3 starter (Burnett) $18M per year to be the #2, or re-acquired Vasquez after he already failed miserably in NY, or that aside from Cano and Granderson no other regular Yank hit. How do expect to win four games when your top 4 hitters combine for 4 RBIs in 6 games? Stuff happens. The Rangers were simply better.
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Joe just needs a little coke in his step...
  • Options
    jivanjivan Posts: 1,009

<< <i>

<< <i>

Walking the soon to be AL MVP and the hottest hitter on the team to get to an aged slumping Vlad? What manager wouldn't walk Hamilton? >>

imo Girardi left pitchers in there way to long which lead to more runs which added to the bullpen meltdown. Thus the blow out games.

Game 3 is a perfect example. The game was a 2 run game until the ninth inning. IMO Girardi let the game get away by leaving Robertson in after Moreland's single. After that single Robertson should have been pulled out. I even said that right after the hit. "Get him out of there." If he put Mitre in after that single the rally might have been stopped. Mitre did get Young to ground out and then Hamilton (as TBS announcers call him "The Natural") to fly out.

Girardi is a whiny beyatch. His whole sob interview after the game last night was just down right pathetic. It seems Girardi has an excuse for everything.

Joe Torre never would have made me feel embarrassed to be a Yankees fan like Girardi does. >>

HMMMM.. JOE TORRE DID LOSE A 3-0 SERIES TO THE SOX// THAT DID NOT EMBARRASS YOU ????
    always looking for 1969 graded basketball
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Joe Torre never would have made me feel embarrassed to be a Yankees fan like Girardi does. >>

HMMMM.. JOE TORRE DID LOSE A 3-0 SERIES TO THE SOX// THAT DID NOT EMBARRASS YOU ???? >>

There is no need to shout with all those caps.... I can read just fine without you shouting...

It did but after watching Torre's interview I didn't feel so bad. After watch Girardi's interview I felt worse.
  • Options
    The players take some blame here to.

Captain Jeter played those games like a man that already has five World Series rings.

Hamilton & Co. played those games like men that don't have any World Series rings and want one.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joe Torre should thank God Steinbrenner and the Yankees hired him or he'd still be referred to as "Clueless Joe." He was the Barry Switzer of baseball managers..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    face it, the yankees are old, Jeter needs to start planning for retirement. Texeiria was awful even before he was hurt. Nobody came through for them.