Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Awesome BGS 1982 Fleer signed Cal Ripken

So lets see how these great snipe bidders do. The item number is 190459367841.

This so called snipe theory is some how bullet proof and even rookie cards signed and graded by potentially the greatest modern baseball player can be won with a simple snipe.

It does not matter that there are a ton of potential buyers out there that might see this item and want it. It does not matter that they might have a great deal of financial resources and pay more then the avid collector thinks this card is worth.

Wrong!!

This is a great example of a card that the out come will be very tough to predict.

Where is your snipe????

Good luck!

Comments

• Options
    Ripken isnt the greatest modern player, its a common card and his autograph isnt scarce.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look I don't care about the card and maybe you are right. The bottom line is a signed rookie can go for much more then you expect.

Post your snipe and lets see how close you get.
  • Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    maybe if it was his 1982 Topps Traded card...
  • Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So lets see how these great snipe bidders do. The item number is 190459367841.

This so called snipe theory is some how bullet proof and even rookie cards signed and graded by potentially the greatest modern baseball player can be won with a simple snipe.

It does not matter that there are a ton of potential buyers out there that might see this item and want it. It does not matter that they might have a great deal of financial resources and pay more then the avid collector thinks this card is worth.

Wrong!!

This is a great example of a card that the out come will be very tough to predict.

Where is your snipe????

Good luck! >>

If you want to be a contributing member of this here board you need to learn how to do a LINK.

First ones free but the next one will cost you. image
  • Options
    This card won't go for $500. My point is how do you predict where it will got between say $0.99 and $150?? You can't....
  • Options

<< <i>This card won't go for $500. My point is how do you predict where it will got between say $0.99 and $150?? You can't.... >>

Whatever the highest amount you are willing to pay is your snipe. Not sure what you're missing. If you are willing to pay $200, set the snipe at $200. If you don't win, you wouldn't have won bidding it up in small increments any way.

With a snipe, you also eliminate any chance of the seller shilling you.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>This card won't go for $500. My point is how do you predict where it will got between say $0.99 and $150?? You can't.... >>

Whatever the highest amount you are willing to pay is your snipe. Not sure what you're missing. If you are willing to pay $200, set the snipe at $200. If you don't win, you wouldn't have won bidding it up in small increments any way.

With a snipe, you also eliminate any chance of the seller shilling you. >>

BIG plus in using a snipe service if you like to bid early.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    I sniped a signed 2001 UD Prospects David Wright for 50 bucks when they were consistantly selling for 80-100 on BIN with best offers. Sniping works and I would bet that I have saved a lot of money if I allowed myself to get into bidding wars.
  • Options
    I wonder if these auctions are being shilled?

Wrestling
    is
    Ghey
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    either this guy is smarter than he lets on and is just f'ing with us, or he's truly one of the most thickheaded individuals we've ever had the displeasure to meet. Which is it?
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I wonder if these auctions are being shilled?

Wrestling
    is
    Ghey >>

That was so funnyI just spit up someof my beer!

Carol is gonna flip on monday!
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>So lets see how these great snipe bidders do. The item number is 190459367841.

Wrong!!

Where is your snipe????

Good luck! >>

If you want to be a contributing member of this here board you need to learn how to do a LINK.

First ones free but the next one will cost you. image >>

Have you ever posted this in one of Neil's threads?

That said, there isn't much to say on the issue of sniping. If you know the max your willing to pay before you place your first bid then sniping is clearly the preferred method of bidding. If how much you're willing to pay is at least partially a function of how much others are willing to pay then the issue is more complicated. For items that are heavily traded, or that have multiple (i.e., more than two) people who are inclined to bid aggressively on them, whether you snipe or not is probably of very little consequence (although it would still make sense to snipe, your expected savings will be negligible).
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Look I don't care about the card and maybe you are right. The bottom line is a signed rookie can go for much more then you expect.

Post your snipe and lets see how close you get. >>

For the love of all that's sacred...forget about the snipe and go swing some pipe.

• Options
    AlbertdiditAlbertdidit Posts: 560 ✭✭✭

theres that word again
  • Options

Wrestling
    is
    Ghey >>

LSUTigers,

I find your comment very offensive. Please stop such discrimatory and offensive behavior.

Thanks!

Louis
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Look I don't care about the card and maybe you are right. The bottom line is a signed rookie can go for much more then you expect.

Post your snipe and lets see how close you get. >>

For the love of all that's sacred...forget about the snipe and go swing some pipe. >>

I think I'll go lay some....brb
  • Options

<< <i>

Wrestling
    is
    Ghey >>

LSUTigers,

I find your comment very offensive. Please stop such discrimatory and offensive behavior.

Thanks!

Louis >>

Shut up Gio

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    DPeck:

I have a very good friend that happens to be blonde. She plays off her "blonde-ness" and many think she's an air-headed nitwit and certainly not the sharpest tool in the shed. She's actually very bright and astute and I've concluded that it takes a lot of sagacity to act as lamebrained as she does sometimes.

That being said, either you are the one of the most thick-headed and numskulled individuals on these boards or you're an absolute genius for being able to play the idiot with such proficiency over and over and over and over and over and over again. I tend to lean toward the former, however.
  • Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Wrong!!

Where is your snipe????

Good luck! >>

First ones free but the next one will cost you. image >>

Have you ever posted this in one of Neil's threads? >>

Can't remember. I think I have helped him with his link before and I've added links to various peoples threads and helped show others in PM's how to do it because I'm such a nice guy. image
  • Options
    This is one of the most fascinating cards I have seen in quite some time.

82 Ripken

I am very interested to see what this goes for.