Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Merc Guys/Gals. PCGS Set UpDates ??

Where did they Go ??
    I know for sure some Picture UpDates were submitted and I am sure some Coin UpDates were also submitted.
      My UpDate has already hit the NGC Set but was submitted to PCGS First. Geez is PCGS just so Swamped with all of this Type Set and Morgan Dollar stuff that they are Forgetting about the Rest of Us ?
        Let Down in Oregon: Kenimage
          PS: Maybe they will UpDate Today.image
            One Other thing. Over on the "Big Board" MrPaseo was wondering which Set would be best to start Walking Liberties or Mercury Dimes. Of Course I told him Walking Liberties because Merc's were so Small and Ugly to Look at.image

Comments

• Options
              CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
              Don't look for any updates today, Ken. PCGS doesn't work on weekends (especially holidays), do they?

I'm going to the post office in a few minutes to pick up a package that will contain a Merc or two, and I'm expecting another sometime next week, so I'll definitely have some red in the registry next week. Gotta do something; there are a lot of sets clustered pretty close together. If the current # 9 & #10 sets don't add anything, I'm hoping to snag that #9 spot. Is that fair warning? image There are still some relatively inexpensive common dates that I need to find; after that, climbing a notch or two in the rankings gets expensive
              Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
            • Options
              tggrtggr Posts: 748
              Cocoinut,
              Your warning was recieved. all it does for me is move me back a little more. Which is fine.
              Mercs that I seek are expensive so the going will be slow but worth the wait.
              Have a good holiday everyone.

Ray
              imageimage
            • Options
              Ken,
              glad you brought that up. Now I dont feel so bad...I thought I had ticked them off...I have already included ALL my pics last week on all my sets. They are not updating for some reason. I thought that the post I left a few weeks ago really set them off.....by the way, they still have not posted receiving my last submission, 9 days ago, and have already cashed the check, 7 days ago. I have emailed them 3 times, and no answers????????no real sure what to think now......oh well..I can remain patient....(sitting back in this chair..drinking my coffee) You guys have fun.....
              Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>
            • Options
              DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
              I think PCGS has a timer on the updates as far as showing the updated red indicator. When they dont post over the weekend, then all the red goes away until the first update on Monday or Tuesday.. whenever that happens.

I have a coin I added (after wrestling the your coin is not in our database bear), but I didn't add it until Friday night. I expect to see the update Monday afternoon EST (hopefully).

This is ther reason I started the thread last week about the lack of red, as I know the Merc set ALWAYS has some red in it. Keep on going !!
              Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
            • Options
              gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
              Im loosing intrest(burned out?).And not just the Merc's but overall i think im spending way to much time on the puter,9 hrs a day seven days a weekimage and all coin related.Maybe im going thru a change of life at 60image.Al
            • Options
              DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
              Ken,

Congratulations on your add and upgrade. Did you already trade your 1918-S that was upgraded? I am sure someone here (hint) would be interested in your previous coin.
              Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
            • Options
              FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
              Rick: I still have it but I want to see the New one before I get Rid of the Old one. It should be here in a couple of days.
                Al: Are you sure it is just not the Early Spring Blues. After I turned 50 I got to just hate the Winter and early Spring. When the Sun comes out things get Much,Much Better. Hang in there We All appreciate You being around and joining in with us.imageimage
                  Dennis: Another Nice Bunch of Pictures you put Up. I have Dibs on the 26P...29S....30P....30S and 31P if you decide to get rid of them.imageimage
                    And NO I am not going to tell you how much over 50 I am.image
                      Take Care: Ken
                    1. Options
                      imageKen, thanks for noticing the pics, I was wondering if they were ever going to update them. The 29's are all real nice to me....I think the 29P will go much higher than 65, I will send it in one day....image

Al, DONT YOU GO ANYWHERE!!!!!!! I enjoy your posts......image

Everyone have a great night!
                      Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>
                    2. Options
                      If you add a picture to a set, the set doesn't show updated on the front page. I learned that after buying some coins where I got the certificate number before the coin arrived and I found time to image them.

Keith
                      Keith ™

3. Options
                      Well the 18D got to its New Home. Nice Coin BUT,three big Letters, the Reverse Strike is not Exactly what I would expect from a MS65 Coin. Still waiting for the 27S.
                        Do I expect to Much out of 65 Coins that Cost $400 to $500 ?? I am getting Real Curious what Grade PCGS is going to put on the 18S that I cracked from a NGC64 Slab. It has a much Nicer Strike and Luster that is comparable.
                          Cheers: Ken
                        1. Options
                          Ken,
                          Are you saying you bought a 64 in a 65 holder18-D?To much money if you did,should at least be a solid 65.Show a scan if you can.Altho that date is hard to find fully struck.Al
                        2. Options
                          Does anyone have a 1964 or 1963 Pf 69dc for sale?........Gary
                          The Victorian Collection
                          EMAIL:
                          relictrader@suddenlink.net
                        3. Options
                          Al:
                            Its a 65 IMO but I was just a little let down about the bottom portion of the Strike on it.
                              The ANACS 64 coin had a better strike. I just like to see the Bottom veritical line raised completely.
                                Actually it is a Pretty Nice Coin. Picture attached below.
                                  Take Care: Ken
                                1. Options
                                  That's a lot better than i read into,your right a little week on the lower obverse,the rev is a beauty is that just tone in front of her face ? or do i see a very minute finger print?I know im Picky pickyimage.Al
                                2. Options
                                  SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
                                  Merc collectors suck!

(Spooly running for his life!) image
                                  Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
                                3. Options
                                  MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
                                  Spooly:

Real clever comment to write about the most vicious group of collectors on the board! All I ask is that you remember me in your will--I'll take any coins you want to give me. Of course, I'll then sell them and use the proceeds to buy Mercs, but you'll be beyond worry at that time!!

Mark

P.S.: If you don't believe my assertion that Merc collectors are vicious, I offer up my tale: I have been adding to my set like crazy and even so, have been falling farther down the registry list. Now, if that's not vicious, I don't know what is.
                                  Mark

4. Options
                                  Spooly: Bite ME !!!!!!
                                    Al: The Camera throws some shadows when I am in a hurry. It really is a Nice Clean Dime on the Obverse.
                                      Down Below is the difference between a 63 and a 65. Both are Clean but have differences in Strike and the 63 has a little chatter on her cheek.
                                        Geez I wish I could get away from being a Hoarder.image
                                      1. Options
                                        Small thin pieces of nothing coins! image

2. Options
                                        keithdagenkeithdagen Posts: 2,025
                                        If you vicious Merc guys start getting ugly, we crazy Modern guys will start a poll to see what needs to be done about it. image

Keith
                                        Keith ™

3. Options
                                        ................................................................NO POLLS ABSOLUTELY NO...................................................
                                          Speaking for the Merc People. If it comes to a Poll We will Meekly Slither away and return to Our Docile Way.image
                                        1. Options
                                          Im going to start calling you,spooky spoolyimage I remember someone with a simular name that sent me (free) Merc35 FB?image.Al
                                        2. Options
                                          Grip you need to get a second phone line! Everytime I call the line is busy!

3. Options
                                          Al:
                                            Do You Actually Like Spooly ?? He is a Darn Trouble Maker. Picks on some one New each Night. Heck he even PO'ed Carol last night.image
                                          1. Options
                                            (Heck he even PO'ed Carol last night) She was still pissed today! (I got hate e-mail today too!)image But Stacy B still loves me! image

2. Options
                                            Changed My Mind after seeing the "FISHING LURE" Post on the other Thread.
                                              Now we are Going to FIGHT Like Hell.
                                            1. Options
                                              Spooly,
                                              If i could be paid by the hr that im on the net i could afford another lineimage.Call me before i get the shakes,before10:amimage
                                              Ken,spooly is a cool dude,and a texan to bootimage.He just has to lighten up on the merc collectors,and stop drooooling over you know whoimage.Hey i seen the pictures .Hmmm,MS for sureimage.Al
                                            2. Options
                                              Al:
                                                Are You Sure He is Alright ??? He has been calling our "Little Ladies" Thin Pieces of Ugly Metal and Fishing Lures. Also he has compared us to Stamp Collectors !! Geez the next thing he will say is that we are Lower than BaseBall Card Collectors.
                                                  I dont know. Should We Trust Him ???
                                                1. Options
                                                  keithdagenkeithdagen Posts: 2,025
                                                  Ken,

Always trust a Texan. Even if he thinks that your dime would be better used on a fishing line. More useful than his stuff. Fish wouldn't be able to see a Large Cent in the water.

Keith
                                                  Keith ™

2. Options
                                                  Large Cents are better for ocean fishing! image