Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

What Do You All Think Of The CIRCULATING 500 Euro Gold Coin?

12gm (about $500) worth of gold image

imageimage

Comments

• Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    I like the original Sower design better, but it's not bad for a modern rendition. I doubt if you can find any "Circulating".
  • Options
    The 500 Euro note is known here in europe as a Bin laden as it's the monitary unit of choice for drug runner. I beleive I heard that they were considering withdrawing it because of this. I'm sure this coin would make a worthy replacement.
    Gary
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even prefer to spend €100 notes when at all I can avoid it. Really the €200 and €500 notes are more for undeveloped economies mainly in the east where electronic payments and credit cards have not quite caught on yet. And living in E. Europe at times I can characterise the people that have those large denomination notes very easily.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    I would pick that 500 Euro gold coin over a 500 Euro paper note anytime. image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    AndresAndres Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    These are for sale for 580 Euro overhere in the Netherlands,
    12 grams x 31 euro = 372 Euro gold value
    France has issued a whole bunch of different euro gold coins , nice designs , but not my cup of tea.
    collector of Greek banknotes - most beautifull world banknotes - Greek & Roman ancient coins.
  • Options
    Silvereagle82Silvereagle82 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭
    pretty but also not my cup of tea image
    All I see is bullion !!
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a PO-01 TrueView image
  • Options
    The thing I don't get is in the United States if you use $100s you are looked at with suspicion... usually the store clerk will make some remark.

Yet the have a 100, 200, and 500 euro note, and those aren't looked at with as much suspicion.
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't even prefer to spend €100 notes when at all I can avoid it. Really the €200 and €500 notes are more for undeveloped economies mainly in the east where electronic payments and credit cards have not quite caught on yet. And living in E. Europe at times I can characterise the people that have those large denomination notes very easily. >>

Eastern Europe is very expensive....large notes come in handy.... image My banker looked at me kind of funny when I complained about my debit card's $20,000 ATM monthly withdrawal limit.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    "These are for sale for 580 Euro overhere in the Netherlands"

Or $545 Euros HERE
  • Options
    500Bay500Bay Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The 500 Euro note is known here in europe as a Bin laden as it's the monitary unit of choice for drug runner. >>

I had heard it was the 'Bin Laden' because you know it exists, but no one ever sees it image
    Finem Respice
  • Options
    AndresAndres Posts: 977 ✭✭✭

<< <i>"These are for sale for 580 Euro overhere in the Netherlands"

Or $545 Euros HERE >>

I only can find one for 590 euro on that siteimage
    collector of Greek banknotes - most beautifull world banknotes - Greek & Roman ancient coins.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Howdy.
    I am new to this stretch of the woods, I usually hang out over on the coin forum, but I picked these up today at US Bank and thought I would share:

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,124 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the colors on the Euro notes.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don