Home Sports Talk
Options

2010 ALCS Rangers (4) vs. Yankees (2) - Congrats Rangers - the TBS coverage Stunk!

From a NY Yankees fan...

Congrats to the Texas Rangers!

You beat the Yankees!

Now you have a very great chance to win the World Series.

OP:
Is it me or does TBS seem to be rooting for one team more then the other? To me it is blatant who those announcers are rooting for. I am surprised they haven't mentioned the 2004 ALCS melt down which Tim McCarver (Fox) always mentions in the ALCS/WS. I can't stand the announcers for TBS or Buck or McCarver. They are all obvious yankee haters.

Oh well preparing for the loss tonight when wishy washy Girardi puts Burnett on the mound....

Comments

• Options
    Quit your whining. The Rangers are just the better team.
  • Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    Sorry to come off a whiny not trying to be. Just tired of Fox sports being so one sided...
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    turn down the volume. I hate the Yankees, but I turn down the volume because those guys are idiots.
  • Options
    ddfamfddfamf Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Monotonous and boring - doesn't matter what team you like or hate.

Something needs to be different.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    I haven't watched their coverage yet (well, technically I've watched it, but haven't heard it as my phone volume was down) as I went to the first 2 and saw the other on my phone. However, I did watch some of their coverage of the ALDS. I would much prefer that they did a broadcast using the usual announcers that the participants viewing areas are used to, IE Yankees announcers for the standard Yankees viewing area, Rangers announcers for the standard Rangers viewing area, and then the regular broadcast for everyone else. I know contractually, that might be hard to pull off, but it would make the fan experience so much more enjoyable IMO.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    Tonight I am going to listen to 880AM WCBS with John Sterling and watch TBS with the volume off on the TV. I don't know how or why but I am getting New York's AM station all the way down here in Raleigh, NC!!! My night just got a whole lot better...WAHOO!!!
  • Options
    lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭
    Tonight I am going to listen to 880AM WCBS with John Sterling and watch TBS with the volume off on the TV. I don't know how or why but I am getting New York's AM station all the way down here in Raleigh, NC!!! My night just got a whole lot better...WAHOO!!!

you just answered your own question. You dislike the TBS coverage because you're used to hearing the most embarrassingly boorish homer shills in sports broadcasting. So next to those dopes anything is probably going to sound like anti-Yankee propaganda.
  • Options
    I am not a sterling fan and I don't like the announcers on yes network...

I wish the scooter was still around. He was one of the best IMO.
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    worst announcer ever was the Yankee's in game guy, for years he sounded like he was dead, then I heard he died. i'm sure he was loved by the fans but everytime i've gone to NYC for a trip every person i was with would ask me what the heck was going on with the pa guy.
  • Options
    LMAO bye bye camera! I am sure TBS hates the Yankees even more now...

Thats what TBS gets for talkin smack!

I can only imagine what they have to say about their poor camera.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    I'm still waiting for the first sports fan to say 'I love announcer team x and y, because they're so obviously biased towards my team. Every time I hear them I think I'm listening to a local broadcast'.
  • Options
    Girardi should be fired!
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    rapada sux
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    I have watched so many games over the years they I am able to basically watch the games and block out the announcers. Especially in baseball because there is so much down time in between plays.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    Funny gif...

• Options
    Ohhhhhhh, whatta ya mean I leaned ova?
  • Options
    LOL got the one where the bat hits the camera? LOL
  • Options
    Look at the guy to the right of the kid with the Ynakees hat on backwards. He drops so many F-bombs.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is it me or does TBS seem to be rooting for one team more then the other? To me it is blatant who those announcers are rooting for. I am surprised they haven't mentioned the 2004 ALCS melt down which Tim McCarver (Fox) always mentions in the ALCS/WS. I can't stand the announcers for TBS or Buck or McCarver. They are all obvious yankee haters.

Oh well preparing for the loss tonight when wishy washy Girardi puts Burnett on the mound.... >>

If they are biased - which I haven't noticed, I've actually enjoyed the Johnson/Smoltz/Darling trio - then you're getting a small taste of what the rest of the country deals with every year from ESPN and the like.

Tabe
  • Options
    LOL - I can't stand ESPN. Joe Morgan is a horrible announcer...

PS: looks like the bats for the Yankees have come to life.
  • Options
    Yankees won! Back to Texas. Lets hope Girardi doesn't blow this next game with horrible coaching...
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>LOL - I can't stand ESPN. Joe Morgan is a horrible announcer...
    . >>

Agreed, but you probably like Jon Miller, one of the biggest Yankee suck-ups out there.

And how can you Yankee fans stand John "A-Bomb from A-Rod" Sterling? His horrible player catch phrases are painful to listen to, even in sound-bites.
  • Options
    72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭

<< <i>worst announcer ever was the Yankee's in game guy, for years he sounded like he was dead, then I heard he died. i'm sure he was loved by the fans but everytime i've gone to NYC for a trip every person i was with would ask me what the heck was going on with the pa guy. >>

You can't be talking about "The voice of God" he has been there since 1951 and still announces Derek jeter everytime he comes to bat. Jeter asked to record his voice for him to use after he retired at 97 years of age a few years back. He is an icon and not just with Yankee fans.

I do have to agree that john Sterling is an idiot.
    Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>LOL - I can't stand ESPN. Joe Morgan is a horrible announcer...
    . >>

Agreed, but you probably like Jon Miller, one of the biggest Yankee suck-ups out there.

And how can you Yankee fans stand John "A-Bomb from A-Rod" Sterling? His horrible player catch phrases are painful to listen to, even in sound-bites. >>

As I posted b4 I don't like John Sterling. However I rather listen to his horrible catch phrases then listen to the horrible TBS announcers...

I don't know who Jon Miller is?

Are you thinking of Bob Sheppard "the voice of god"?
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Tonight I am going to listen to 880AM WCBS with John Sterling and watch TBS with the volume off on the TV. I don't know how or why but I am getting New York's AM station all the way down here in Raleigh, NC!!! My night just got a whole lot better...WAHOO!!! >>

You like John Sterling? He used to do Braves games, and was terrible. He was absolutely clueless. I was so glad when he left. Now if we can get rid of Chip Caray, I'll be content. Smoltz has been quite good as an announcer. I hope the Braves use him more in the future.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>worst announcer ever was the Yankee's in game guy, for years he sounded like he was dead, then I heard he died. i'm sure he was loved by the fans but everytime i've gone to NYC for a trip every person i was with would ask me what the heck was going on with the pa guy. >>

You can't be talking about "The voice of God" he has been there since 1951 and still announces Derek jeter everytime he comes to bat. Jeter asked to record his voice for him to use after he retired at 97 years of age a few years back. He is an icon and not just with Yankee fans.

I do have to agree that john Sterling is an idiot. >>

I ama Sox fan and his voice was the best.
  • Options
    My AM radio is not coming in tonight image

You can't honestly tell me that bottom of 5th inning Yankees bull pen melt down the TBS announcers weren't loving it! They even had to bring up the 2004 ALCS Yankee meltdown... I knew that was eventually coming I posted about it already in this thread.

Really they are anti NY there is no doubt about it...

Edit add: They called Hamilton "The Natural" when he tripped. Give me a break. They aren't bias. LOL

*Pukes*
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant stand these announcers. Listening to Ernie Whoever for this many games has been painful.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    kpshobbykpshobby Posts: 177 ✭✭
    I didnt get to see any games on TBS (no cable here) so i cant comment on the announcers. But i will say Fox Sports Sucks big time, two friday nights in a row and no baseball, No Yankees vs Rangers, get to watch House instead? Karmas a beatch, because now they get the Rangers and the Giants. How many W.S. Games are now going to be on TBS. Probably none. How can Fox not televise that game Friday night? League Championship Series, Yankees, Friday night etc. They really dropped the ball there.
    All-Star Traders: Tigerdean, Backbidder, Bkritz, Nam812, Gemint, Heritage, Bosox1976, JMoran19