Home Sports Talk

Jerry Jones says Wade Phillips job is safe for now

"for now" being the key words. If the Cowboys are 1-4 after Sunday all bets are off.

Comments

• GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Do we really need another thread for a Cowboys loss, statement or fans reaction?
  • If they lose Sunday, Wade and Jason Garett should start packing.
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The definition of the term "job is safe" when uttered by an NFL owner towards his head coach usually means firing pending. LOL
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Wade has done the least with the most talent so far of any head coach.

The chopping block awaits ...
    Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • fire his ass
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would definitely be worth another loss or two to get rid of "worthless wade". What a POS coach!
  • "Do we really need another thread for a Cowboys loss, statement or fans reaction?"

Of course we do, they are the Cowboys after all.... image
    I guess that is what happens when you are "America's Team".
  • EstilEstil Posts: 6,863 ✭✭✭✭
    Especially when they haven't PERFORMED like "America's Team" for 15 years. image

And in baseball, managers are hired to be fired; does the same apply to head coaches in football?
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P+S, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 61D, 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • estangestang Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭
    I will add that after this past weekend's game @ Vikings, I listened to KFAN radio out of Minneapolis and everyone that works for the station attributed the loss to a large degreee on the ineptitude of the Cowboys coaching. As opposed to stretching the field on a dinged up Vikings secondary they stubbornly setttled for screen passes to RBs. You saw how frustrated Miles Austin was.

Think about how large the gap between Peyton Manning and Tony Romo really is... while their stats are in the same ball park, their abilities are a universe away... Romo the robot... Wade is toast...
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
    If you watched the game you would have seen the pass rush that the Vikes were getting on Romo on almost every down. They were all over him and he just did not have alot of time to set up for a long pass down the field. I give the Vikes D more credit than I blame the Cowboys coaching.
  • Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭
    And Parcells did what with the Cowboys? The organization is dysfunctional. They are a cleaner version of the Raiders.
    The Cowboys had zero talent before BP arrived and he left them going in the right diresction. They did not have the success with BP as most Cowboys fans would have liked, but we were much better off after he left than before.

• << <i>The Cowboys had zero talent before BP arrived and he left them going in the right diresction. They did not have the success with BP as most Cowboys fans would have liked, but we were much better off after he left than before. >>

Exactly. Parcells for the most part built this team which is basically the same team we have had for the last 3 years with a few exceptions.

As a Cowboys fan I am sick of hearing every sportscaster and reporter saying that the 'Boys have by far the most talent in the league but can't win. If your team is twice as good on paper as your opponent, you should be dominating teams.
  • Seems to me Jason Garett (and Jerry Jones of course) are the bigger problems.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Sorry, forgot to add, "How about them 'Boys?"
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.