Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Do not buy from this ebayer!!!

I don't know if this chap's name has been mentioned here but I will do so in case others lose hard earned cash like I have.

Avoid this seller on ebay by the handle of candiman11

He sells lots of old baseball cards and he takes forever to deliver his stuff.....but that isn't the worse part!

He sent me about 630 dollars worth of 50's baseball cards..specifically 3 cards...Mantle, Musial and Berra that were not properly described...fair enough..he said return
them and I did and he acknowledged that he recd my cards and promised that he was going to refund me...that was back in early August and I have been emailing him
since as to where my refund via paypal is but he hasn't responded since...a real sleaze bag...

The funny thing is he was honest at first but turned into a dishonest seller later on....go figure...

Anyways, do yourselves a favor and do avoid ......my handle on ebay is 'albertanator' and I do have a 100 percent rating so I want you to know I am not making this up.

630 smackers down the drain unless ebay or paypal will help me but because it is an older transaction I don't know if I am going to have any luck.

If this isn't the right forum to warn other buyers of this dishonest ebayer, please point out to where I should be posting.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Did you send them back with delivery confirmation?

How did you pay the transaction?

Sorry to hear about your problems.
  • Options
    Hi hhmag....I didn't send them back with confirmation because in the past he had refunded me honestly.....but what I do have is an email from
    him on my ebay page acknowledging he recd the cards back and promised to refund me...that was in early August and I kept emailing him
    as to when he would refund me and he hasn't responded since????

Very frustrating ........ but I am trying to get hold of ebay and paypal as I did pay through paypal.....

I am awaiting a response from ebay or paypal instead of their automated replies....

I am appalled to say the least....

Thanks

Dev
  • Options
    al032184al032184 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭
    I'm not judging, but with his feedback, why did you buy from him in the first place?
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    you're screwed unfortunately, there's no sensible reason you shouldn't have used delivery confirmation at the least
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

Not a good circumstance.

Since the 45-day limit has passed, EBAY/PP will not wanna
    be too much help.

If you paid by credit card, you can do a chargeback thru
    the card company.

NEVER make a return w/o using Delivery Confirmation on
    items under $250, and Signature Confirmation on items
    of $250 or more. (An email acknowledging receipt of the
    returned items is seldom/never of any value in a PP claim.)

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm not judging, but with his feedback, why did you buy from him in the first place? >>

I agree

I hope it works out for you.
    As stated above if you used a credit card with Paypal you can do a chargeback.

Joe
  • Options

Terrible FB for candiman11

toolhaus

And, his conduct has been discussed here before.

• Options
    Guys what you say is true...I have been buying and selling ebay for 7 years and usually I will buy
    from someone with over 99 percent rating but I do so with reticence.......and now I have likely paid
    the price for lack of wisdom.

Like I said, earlier on I got some good raw stuff off of him and had it graded quite well which I sold
    for a decent price....everything was rosy early on but in the last few months it all went to pot.

Long sighhhhhh.....at least I can warn others of my own stupidity and candiman's dishonesty!
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow!! I don't by vintage Baseball but that is some heavy feedback. There are to many not satisfied customers to pay up for this sellers cards. Good luck with your quest and hopefully you used a credit card.

I have never returned an item on EBAY but using the CC via PayPal is double protection in the event you want to try and dispute.
  • Options
    So Storm888, candiman has been mentioned here before...interesting...I wish I had seen it earlier....

Devon
  • Options
    I did use a credit card..my Visa....is there hope for me yet? I have been fairly well treated
    buying and selling on ebay so this faux pas is my first screw up....

Devon
  • Options
    Can you guys tell me the process of how to do a chargeback through my credit card? I have never done this operation before?

Thanks

Devon
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    odd.....i did a search of the forums last nite on the very same seller assuming i'd find a recent thread, but it must have been swept under the rug.

anyways, my question is answered. avoid.
  • Options

<< <i>odd.....i did a search of the forums last nite on the very same seller assuming i'd find a recent thread, but it must have been swept under the rug.

anyways, my question is answered. avoid. >>

Thank god useful threads about scumbags never go POOF on this boardimage
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Call them and explain what happened, they will tell you from there. Provide your email from the seller and they will slap him imediatelyis my belief. You should be fine I think. I am no expert but I know the CC companies don't play, the proof of burden is on the seller as far as I know. Perhaps others know more here.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>odd.....i did a search of the forums last nite on the very same seller assuming i'd find a recent thread, but it must have been swept under the rug.

anyways, my question is answered. avoid. >>

Thank god useful threads about scumbags never go POOF on this boardimage >>

yeah, well, i got a memory like an elephant in a steel trap. image
  • Options
    Dpeck thanks for the advice....I will do so...I do have an email from him in my ebay account acknowledging the return
    of the cards and his promise to refund me.....I kept it just in case...

And I'm glad that this thread has helped at least one person avoid being ripped off.

Devon
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Devon

Call the issuing bank or financial institution the number IIRC is on the card or your bill.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    Thanks for the heads up.
  • Options
    earlycalguyearlycalguy Posts: 1,247 ✭✭

the chargeback is between you and paypal and not the seller. your transaction is with paypal and not the seller directly. your credit card would get the money from paypal and then paypal would get their money from the seller.
  • Options

<< <i>the chargeback is between you and paypal and not the seller. your transaction is with paypal and not the seller directly. your credit card would get the money from paypal and then paypal would get their money from the seller. >>

//////////////////////////////////////

Yup.

If one has a "relationship" with PP, the gang will
    sometimes "relax" the 45-day limit - and other
    defects in a claim - if they are given a heads-up
    that a credit-card chargeback is about to go down.

PP is always the merchant of record and they, like
    all merchants, wanna have as few CBs as possible.

• Options

<< <i>Thank god useful threads about scumbags never go POOF on this boardimage >>

Yeah, I'll second that, especially scumbags that start with a "K" !!

YeeHahimage

Neilimage
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not over - you can go thru small claims court. Most jurisdictions will allow you to file by mail. I would definitively tell him you are going to do this and he may not respond until he is served the legal papers from the court, and at that point the defendant usually does respond, many times with doing what you want them to do, as they don't want the hassles and expense of going to small claims court.

You can Google small claims court to get more info about the pros and cons of filing.
  • Options

<< <i>It's not over - you can go thru small claims court. Most jurisdictions will allow you to file by mail. I would definitively tell him you are going to do this and he may not respond until he is served the legal papers from the court, and at that point the defendant usually does respond, many times with doing what you want them to do, as they don't want the hassles and expense of going to small claims court.

You can Google small claims court to get more info about the pros and cons of filing. >>

///////////////////////////////////////////////

For clarity, most states do not permit small-claims filings
    against out-of-state defendant persons/entities.

A few states do.

Most states - maybe all - allow such filings in claims regarding
    automobile accidents.

Most states allow filings against OOS corporations ONLY if those
    corps have a "registered agent" in the filing state who is authorized
    to accept service of legal process.

Many states allow filings against OOS Defs who own real property in
    the filing state.

It's a complicated path and you need to talk to your court's clerk
    before you commence chasing an out of state Def in small claims
    court.

There are some "easy" work-arounds available, but they require
    the investment of time/money that cannot/may not be recouped if
    you win your case. They also require sophistication levels beyond
    those of most consumers.

THIS matter can be resolved most easily via a credit-card chargeback.

There seems to be a false notion that threads here regarding the instant
    bad seller have been poofed. They have NOT been poofed.

There are several such "warning threads" easily found in the "search" feature.

• Options
    If the guy does a cc chargeback and the seller does not have the funds available in his paypal account, paypal will have to pay at their expense.
  • Options
    JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Terrible FB for candiman11

toolhaus

And, his conduct has been discussed here before. >>

How/why does Ebay allow him to continue???
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, never see a thread go "bye bye" here if it outs a dishonest seller
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    Guys, thanks for all your insight and help....I will contact VISA and see if they can get my money back through paypal....

Devon
  • Options
    Steve do you mean the issuing bank of my VISA card? I am very illiterate at these matters as I have never
    been ripped off like this before.....

Thanks

Devon
  • Options
    Devon

Yes, that is a place to start.

The phone number on the bill is also another avenue higher up the food chain.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Yeah, never see a thread go "bye bye" here if it outs a dishonest seller >>

Yeah, that's crazy. Can't believe that never happens around here.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Yeah, never see a thread go "bye bye" here if it outs a dishonest seller >>

Yeah, that's crazy. Can't believe that never happens around here. >>

///////////////////////////////////

It may happen sometimes.

In the instant circumstance - candiman11 - the threads are still
    available for review.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Yeah, that's crazy. Can't believe that never happens around here. >>

///////////////////////////////////

It may happen sometimes.

In the instant circumstance - candiman11 - the threads are still
    available for review. >>

Must not have the right connections to the right people.
  • Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>imageimage >>

Yea that thread was just last week, wasnt it? lol
  • Options
    goyegoye Posts: 454 ✭✭
    I thought the poof last week was 'whats the best kruk card', no?
    1985-86 O Pee Chee PSA 910 Hockey
  • Options

<< <i>I thought the poof last week was 'whats the best kruk card', no? >>

Great! Now someone officially dropped the 4-letter word!

In before the poof.
  • Options
    Did I miss something elseimage
  • Options
    ppp
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I thought the poof last week was 'whats the best kruk card', no? >>

Great! Now someone officially dropped the 4-letter word!

In before the poof. >>

+1
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    I have no idea why long time members post names/phrases of terms that they know get threads poofed.

Seriously, please go back and edit your post.

Thank you.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    As long as it's not in the title I see no problem.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭✭
    Just turn your visa card over, and call the number on the back. Customer service should make very quick business of this. As long as you are in good standing, and don't have numerous other chargebacks or other red flags, then you should easily get your money back from the credit card company. In fact, they will probably temporarily deduct the money from your credit card for now until it is permanently removed. I cannot stress enough how important it is to do a credit card chargeback in this situation. I have done more than one chargeback in my life, and every one of them was very simple, successful, and painless. I would ask for all monies that were charged to your credit card.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    Seriously......

• Options
    Thanks for the heads up
  • Options

<< <i>As long as it's not in the title I see no problem. >>

I have to take that back.

Steve