Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Will pay premium dollars to improve my set #6 FBL

I am looking to improve my Franklin FBL set. It is currently #6 in the registry Will pay premium prices.

Comments

• Options
    Perhaps some plus grades are in order?

• Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Don't know what an LOR is.....
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    LRLR Posts: 53 ✭✭
    nice color
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I am looking to improve my Franklin FBL set. >>

Nice Set image

Upgrades will be tough,,,,,,,, and EXPENSIVE image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    DonWillisDonWillis Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    LR - have you thought about sending it in for Plus + grading?
  • Options
    DrPeteDrPete Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭
    I sure hope LOR doesn't stand for "loss of reasoning."
    Dr. Pete
  • Options
    it does for you
  • Options
    PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845
    ........your set is already in the top layer of the upper stratosphere ,

MS- 67 coins are now what you need - best of luck to you image
  • Options
    toyz4geotoyz4geo Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking at your set, and the # of top pops you have as well as the # of pops higher....the + might be the way to go. Good luck!
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>LR - have you thought about sending it in for Plus + grading? >>

You should go for it LR. Instead of waiting around to drop big cash on a one-coin, one-point upgrade, for about $1500 or so you could send in your entire set for a Secure Plus regrade. Since just about all of your coins are in the top 10 of the condition census, I'm pretty sure PCGS would take TrueView photos of your entire set so they can use them for CoinFacts (a value of $20/coin). Just playing the odds, you'll likely get a few plus grades out of your set which would likely improve your set much more than upgrading a single coin by one grade. Seems to be a much more cost effective way to get a few more points in your set, especially since those last few coins are likely to be moon money now that everyone knows you need them. The free TrueView photos of the set under the current PCGS CoinFacts offer make it almost a no brainer!

I sent my 1909 Mint Set in for Secure Plus regrade last month and can't wait to see the TrueView photos of them. I was always on the fence about whether or not to send my coins in for the PCGS Set Registry pedigree service as I didn't want to lose a few of my old green holders, but the chance to get a couple of upgrades with the + grading and the condition census CoinFacts complementary TrueView bonus was enough for me to finally do it.

Best of luck.

• Options
    Thanks
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    never put your phone number on a forum. (in 2 seconds I found out its a cell phone and what city you live in. Always consider security when posting)
  • Options
    JBNJBN Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

You should go for it LR. Instead of waiting around to drop big cash on a one-coin, one-point upgrade, for about $1500 or so you could send in your entire set for a Secure Plus regrade. Since just about all of your coins are in the top 10 of the condition census, I'm pretty sure PCGS would take TrueView photos of your entire set so they can use them for CoinFacts (a value of $20/coin). Just playing the odds, you'll likely get a few plus grades out of your set which would likely improve your set much more than upgrading a single coin by one grade. Seems to be a much more cost effective way to get a few more points in your set, especially since those last few coins are likely to be moon money now that everyone knows you need them. The free TrueView photos of the set under the current PCGS CoinFacts offer make it almost a no brainer!

I sent my 1909 Mint Set in for Secure Plus regrade last month and can't wait to see the TrueView photos of them. I was always on the fence about whether or not to send my coins in for the PCGS Set Registry pedigree service as I didn't want to lose a few of my old green holders, but the chance to get a couple of upgrades with the + grading and the condition census CoinFacts complementary TrueView bonus was enough for me to finally do it.

Best of luck. >>

I had been thinking of doing the Secure Plus regrade for my half dollar set, but also thought that I didn't want to lose the old green holder coins. To me, the old green holder coins are an added value because I know that the coin has been stable for a (relatively) long time.

I also got the PCGS email about the free true view - it is a nice offer/enticement.

The argument that plus coins would allow for a (relatively, again) cost-effective way of improving the set's standing is a strong one.

Thanks for the thought provoking post.
  • Options
    lusterloverlusterlover Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Best of luck. >>

I had been thinking of doing the Secure Plus regrade for my half dollar set, but also thought that I didn't want to lose the old green holder coins. To me, the old green holder coins are an added value because I know that the coin has been stable for a (relatively) long time.

I also got the PCGS email about the free true view - it is a nice offer/enticement.

The argument that plus coins would allow for a (relatively, again) cost-effective way of improving the set's standing is a strong one.

Thanks for the thought provoking post. >>

Say it ain't so Illini...I must respectfully disagree with both of you. The OGH, especially for copper, is worth a premium to a knowledgable collector. Just get the green bean instead of the plus and keep the stable, un-messed-with, guaranteed coin in the old holder.
  • Options

You beginning to see a pattern here LR? Great minds think alike!

"Tin soldiers and Nixon's coming!"image
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website