Home Sports Talk
Options

Have the Saints been suffering from the "superbowl emotional letdown" factor?

The Saints just can't seem to get it together, they don't seem to be playing with any real passion, has the super bowl
emotional letdown factor been getting to them?

Comments

• Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    I think the Saints are suffering from a serious case of Ladell Betts and Chris Ivory as the starting backs.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recent history has shown the Super Bowl loser usually has the letdown the next season...but with sports teams ya never can tell for sure.
  • Options
    I hope so, I'm getting tired of the Saints/Brees love affair.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many Superbowl winners successfully repeated the next year?

Here is who I recall doing so:

Greenbay;

Dallas;

Pittsburg;

Miami;

San Francisco; and

Denver.

Anyone else?
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    New England
  • Options

<< <i>I hope so, I'm getting tired of the Saints/Brees love affair. >>

I live in Louisiana and hate the Saints. I am sick of all the local bandwagon Saints fans that claim they have been fans for a bazillion years.

I can not tell you how much pleasure I get from asking these "true diehard" Saints fans simple questions that most real fans should know, like "Who was the QB before Brees?".
  • Options

<< <i>

I live in Louisiana and hate the Saints. I am sick of all the local bandwagon Saints fans that claim they have been fans for a bazillion years.

I can not tell you how much pleasure I get from asking these "true diehard" Saints fans simple questions that most real fans should know, like "Who was the QB before Brees?". >>

I completely understand. I love the people that talk about "Who Dat Nation" when they've never stepped foot in Louisiana. They probably think it was started last season too image I'm ready to see full bandwagon invasion at the game in Tampa this weekend.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    I'm a little tired of people saying "Whats wrong with the Saints?" It may very well be the case that nothing is wrong with the Saints and that the Falcons are just that much better than they were last year.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm a little tired of people saying "Whats wrong with the Saints?" It may very well be the case that nothing is wrong with the Saints and that the Falcons are just that much better than they were last year. >>

Or the Saints got really really lucky last year.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm a little tired of people saying "Whats wrong with the Saints?" It may very well be the case that nothing is wrong with the Saints and that the Falcons are just that much better than they were last year. >>

Or the Saints got really really lucky last year. >>

Spoken like a true Colts fan. image
    Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about. -Benjamin Franklin-
  • Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

I totally agree.
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    I can vouch for Bill on this. I went to Northeast Louisiana University (now Louisiana-Monroe) for a year when I graduated high school in 1983. I grew up in New Orleans and have always been a diehard Saints fan. When I went to Monroe and would turn on a Saints game downstairs at the rec room of the dorm, almost everyone would heckle me. Everyone there was a Cowboys fan. I'd say it was a 10:1 ratio of Cowboys fans to Saints fans, and this was IN LOUISIANA. So, I say let Northern Louisiana continue to support the Cowboys. Enjoy.

Sam
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.