Home Sports Talk
Options

Huge congrats to the Dallas Cowboys

stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
I thought they'd be 0 - 4 right now...but instead they are 1 - 3...and I for one think that's a remarkable achievement winning the one game outa four, and it deserves tremendous accolades, perhaps even a standing ovation.

Comments

• Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I thought they'd be 0 - 4 right now...but instead they are 1 - 3...and I for one think that's a remarkable achievement winning the one game outa four, and it deserves tremendous accolades, perhaps even a standing ovation.

image >>

There is no doubt about it, they have played poorly all season and they deserve to be 1-3 or 0-4. It could be a lot worse we could have our exact record and not ever have a Super Bowl win. We could also have the Eagles record this season and not have a Super Bowl win. It HAS to suck to play all these seasons and never win a Super Bowl.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will guarantee you that no one who is actually on the Dallas or Philadelphia roster cares about Super Bowl victories from 15-20 years ago..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Especially if you are on the J-E-T-S because it is 41 years.
  • Options
    1 - 4 image
  • Options
    Boy, do the Cowboys suck! image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Especially if you are on the J-E-T-S because it is 41 years.

You might have to change "41" to "this" in that sentence come February! image

• Options
    Do I hear 1 - 5? ah ha ha ha ha ha.................................
  • Options
    This really is just too much fun. image
  • Options
    I guess there likely won't be a "Say Hello to the first place Dallas Cowboys" thread this season.
  • Options
    Yes, we do suck.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes, we do suck. >>

Rule 14-441: Red Sox fans who are "fans" of the Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, or any other AFC East team will have thier Red Sox Nation card suspended immediately, no exceptions.
  • Options
    I grew up a Bruins, Celtics, Sox and Cowboys fan. I think someone in my neighborhood was a big Cowboys fan and it just stuck after all these years. Look at it this way, how many bandwagon fans are Patriots fans now?
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I grew up a Bruins, Celtics, Sox and Cowboys fan. I think someone in my neighborhood was a big Cowboys fan and it just stuck after all these years. Look at it this way, how many bandwagon fans are Patriots fans now? >>

Just kidding. Been a Pats fan since 1976 -- had a poster of Steve "no neck" Grogan when I was a kid.
  • Options
    Just kidding. Been a Pats fan since 1976 -- had a poster of Steve "no neck" Grogan when I was a kid.

One of my earliest memories as a kid was watching Steve Grogan lead the Pats to a 56-3 demolition of the Jets one Sunday afternoon..

• Options
    Good sports fans, and that includes every CU member who regularly posts in Sports Talk...rooting for other teams living in other cities doesn't bother me. What bugs me a little bit are the non-sports fans, say in Philly, who wear Cowboys clothing probably just to tick-off good Philly sports fans - that bothers me a little bit...they probably also like Obama. image
  • Options
    The fans that bother me are the ones that change their allegence when their team is not playing well.
  • Options
    Good grief...the Cowboys are so bad it's almost not any fun to pile on with more smack about them.

..."almost" image
  • Options
    Posted without the need for further comment.....

NFC East Team W L T Pct
    New York Giants 5 2 0 .714
    Philadelphia Eagles 4 3 0 .571
    Washington Redskins 4 4 0 .500
    Dallas Cowboys 1 6 0 .143
  • Options

No, I'm not laughing at the Dallas Cowboys 1 - 6 record...I just happened to be watching Gilligan's Island, and there was a real funny scene where Gilligan was up in a coconut tree, and he accidentally dropped a coconut on the Skipper's head. The Cowboys, I mean that Gilligan, is a laugh riot.

• Options
    Where have you been SteveK? Can't show your face last week when your Phillies and Eagles choke?
  • Options

<< <i>Where have you been SteveK? Can't show your face last week when your Phillies and Eagles choke? >>

I posted after the Phillies lost, and the Eagles are 4 - 3 and right in the hunt in the NFC East, so your post makes no sense.

However, what does make sense is the Cowboys absolutely suck. image
  • Options

<< <i>Where have you been SteveK? Can't show your face last week when your Phillies and Eagles choke? >>

Besides - your "Phillies choked" comment is proving to be inaccurate, the way the Giants are beating up on the best team in the AL. Seems like the Phils just ran into the hot team at the time and they got beat...that's not choking by any definition of the word.
  • Options

<< <i>

I posted after the Phillies lost, and the Eagles are 4 - 3 and right in the hunt in the NFC East, so your post makes no sense.

However, what does make sense is the Cowboys absolutely suck. image >>

The Eagles are better than the Boys, but they will be right beside them come playoff time.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

However, what does make sense is the Cowboys absolutely suck. image >>

The Eagles are better than the Boys, but they will be right beside them come playoff time. >>

At 1 - 6 and floundering, I'll admit...you've got stones making that prediction. image
  • Options
    After watching almost two months of football, do you really think the Eagles are going anywhere?
  • Options

<< <i>After watching almost two months of football, do you really think the Eagles are going anywhere? >>

Wherever the Eagles are going this season, it's better than the Cowboys. LOL
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>After watching almost two months of football, do you really think the Eagles are going anywhere? >>

Wherever the Eagles are going this season, it's better than the Cowboys. LOL >>

I disagree Steve. The Cowboys are on their way to the #1 draft pick.

Ha! Beat that!image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Wherever the Eagles are going this season, it's better than the Cowboys. LOL >>

I disagree Steve. The Cowboys are on their way to the #1 draft pick.

Ha! Beat that!image >>

Yea, but they still need a "Jimmy Johnson" to take advantage of it and know what to do.

Otherwise Jerry Jones would use the pick to draft a punter. Jones figures since punters gain the most yardage of any other player...that would be the smart thing to do. LOL
  • Options
    I'm tellin' ya...them Cowboys are playing some good football...so far against them Green Bay Packers they've racked up 7 points and that ain't bad...it really isn't. The fact that the Packers happen to have 35 points doesn't mean anything...it really doesn't.

Again I extend my huge congratulations to the Dallas Cowboys for yet another well played, spectacular game, and if Wade Phillips doesn't win the coach of the year award then I personally will write to the authorities and demand a full scale investigation.
  • Options
    Gooood...nice win today by the Cowboys...I hope Jerry Jones wins just enough games each season to believe he knows what he's doing as a GM and decides never to hire somebody competent at GM.

Way to go Jerry baby....you're 2 - 7 now, keep up the good work! LOL
  • Options
    You make it seem like you have won a Super Bowl.
  • Options
    Scored a Jason Garrett PSA 10 RC last week at a great price, so I am hoping he wins his next few games and I can find someone to pay me 4-5x for it.

Go Cowboys....image
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    Does that go up even if they win the Super Bowl.
  • Options
    Cowboys are hoping this season to get a bid to the Cotton Bowl.
  • Options

<< <i>Does that go up even if they win the Super Bowl. >>

It went up last week as far as I am concerned.

Dallas is unlikely to be a great team this season or maybe even next season. It takes time to build (and destroy).

However, there are millions of Dallas fans. You guys are kind of the Yankees of the NFL...only without the wins of course. image

Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options

<< <i>Cowboys are hoping this season to get a bid to the Cotton Bowl. >>

Stevie, your hands must shake when you say or type the word "Bowl".