Home Sports Talk

What is wrong with the Dallas fans?

There was a few minutes to go in the game against the Titans and they are down by only a
touchdown and the fans start clearing out, by the final minute the place looked only half full.

Maybe they are very cynical about the team but this looked really embarrasing..

Comments

• goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    better yet....What is "right" with Dallas fans?

• thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    They were tired from being at both the Rangers game and the Cowboys game as it's a very short walk from one to the other and a LOT of people were doing both. Only the Rangers game for me as I don't like the Cowboys. Cowboys fans down here have always been known to sit on their hands, leave early, and dress corporately for football games. I realize it's a generalization, but it's the way it's been for years listening to local talk radio. There are some hardcore fans as well, but they tailgate in the parking lot, and party at bars and home, because Jerry prices the common man out of the games.

JMTC,

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • 2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the Cowboys

Mike, my opinion of you just greatly improved. image

Yes, we'll have our disagreements over the Yankees and the Rangers but, to paraphrase W. C. Fields, "anybody who doesn't like the Cowboys can't be all bad". image

Bob

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

<< <i>I don't like the Cowboys

Mike, my opinion of you just greatly improved. image

Yes, we'll have our disagreements over the Yankees and the Rangers but, to paraphrase W. C. Fields, "anybody who doesn't like the Cowboys can't be all bad". image

Bob >>

Hey Bob,

I'm still holding out hope that the Rangers get a chance to play the Yankees this year. If we do, we won't have Cliff Lee to pitch the opener though as he's dealing against TB on Tuesday. We still have never won a playoff game in Arlington, hopefully we can change that Friday against the Yanks if we can make it that far.

I'll give you a fun fact you can use against Cowboys fans. The Rangers have won more playoff games this year, than the Cowboys have in the last twelve!!!! Two to one. A lot of Cowboys fans like to give Rangers fans hell down here, because of the Rangers history, but I might have me a shirt made with my 2-1 stat on it just to piss them off.

Mike

EDIITED AS I GOT THE NUMBER OF COWBOY PLAYOFF WINS WRONG, THEY ACTUALLY HAD 1 NOT ZERO, MY BAD
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go ahead and make a shirt that says 2-0...it will show how stupid you are!!!! The Cowboys won a playoff game last year against the eagletts.

And I'll have one made that says 5-0. Five Super Bowl wins for us and squat World Series for you!!image

<< <i>Go ahead and make a shirt that says 2-0...it will show how stupid you are!!!! The Cowboys won a playoff game last year against the eagletts.

And I'll have one made that says 5-0. Five Super Bowl wins for us and squat World Series for you!!image >>

Aha, you got me. I should never try to pull one over on Cowboys fans, y'all are much too intellectual for me. Sorry about that, should be 2-1. I don't keep up with them so I went to a website that was obviously outdated to get my tally.

Those 5 Super Bowl's are about as relevant to today as are all the Notre Dame National Championships. I don't blame you for using them, as I do it when defending my Irish, but you and I both know down deep inside, that your Super Bowls are meaningless to the games being played these days.

BTW, nice season y'all are having so far.
    Dimeman,

Here's a pic of y'alls hardware. Makes a nice display I must admit.

Mike
    Mike, even that pic is outdated. We have 5 ..... only 4 in that display.

And I'm anxious to hear why our SB's are meaningless in this day????

The 92-93 Cowboys are the best team to ever play the game.
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just noticed that a jerryjones seller on ebay put those trophies up for sale on ebay..."buy it now" for 99 cents with free shipping.

At least Jerry has them to sell........unlike that eaglett owner!imageimage

<< <i>At least Jerry has them to sell........unlike that eaglett owner!imageimage >>

ouch.

• << <i>Mike, even that pic is outdated. We have 5 ..... only 4 in that display.
    >>

I'm pretty sure one of the trophies in the back row is blocked, that's why it looks like 4. I may be wrong though.

<< <i>Mike, even that pic is outdated. We have 5 ..... only 4 in that display.

And I'm anxious to hear why our SB's are meaningless in this day????

The 92-93 Cowboys are the best team to ever play the game. >>

The pic is from Feb 7, 2009, I'm the fat guy to the left. There are 5 in the display, one of them is obscured though in the photo.

"I'm anxious to hear why our SB's are meaningless in this day????"

Because they would ruin my fun gloating to Cowboys fans, of course.

• << <i>

The 92-93 Cowboys are the best team to ever play the game. >>

Incorrect.
  • GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>There was a few minutes to go in the game against the Titans and they are down by only a
    touchdown and the fans start clearing out, by the final minute the place looked only half full.

Maybe they are very cynical about the team but this looked really embarrasing.. >>

You are such a crap stirrer. You start all these threads about teams and then back off.

• << <i>Go ahead and make a shirt that says 2-0...it will show how stupid you are!!!! The Cowboys won a playoff game last year against the eagletts.

And I'll have one made that says 5-0. Five Super Bowl wins for us and squat World Series for you!!image >>

Apparently word of the Cowboy loss made it to the Texas Aluminum Foil Museum and Trailer Park earlier than usual this week.

• << <i>

<< <i>There was a few minutes to go in the game against the Titans and they are down by only a

Maybe they are very cynical about the team but this looked really embarrasing.. >>

You are such a crap stirrer. You start all these threads about teams and then back off. >>

Why should I say anything else? I know someone will take the thread and run with it from there. image
  • Also, someone has to start a thread, if you don't have any more to say once you originally said it why join in
    the conversation again? Your argument seems rather pointless.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Romo threw for 400 yds so Dimeman's happy..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Dimeman,

Mike >>

I see what you did there.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts

<< <i>Also, someone has to start a thread, if you don't have any more to say once you originally said it why join in
    the conversation again? Your argument seems rather pointless. >>

I just find it strange how you start all these threads and then back off without adding anything.
    >>>Romo threw for 400 yds so Dimeman's happy.. <<<

Dimeman is NOT happy.....and will not be until we stop the mistakes and penalty's and quit beating ourselves!!!!!
  • billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The 92-93 Cowboys are the best team to ever play the game. >>

that and $7 buys you a 1-3 record and a cup of coffee at JerryWorld

• << <i>

<< <i>Dimeman,

Mike >>

I see what you did there.

image >>

Yes, I see it.

The diversion with the left and well placed finger on the right.

Well played sir, a classic case of free speech expression in plain sight using misdirection.
    At least our case has hardware in it. The Eagles do not even need a case, stand or a spotlight.

<< <i>At least our case has hardware in it. The Eagles do not even need a case, stand or a spotlight. >>

That simply is not true if you understand NFL history...yes, the Eagles have not won a "Super Bowl", but we have won 3 NFL championships, and in fact the Super Bowl is the NFL championship game.

The Eagles do own 3 pieces of "hardware" as you call it - Perhaps you should Google the history of the NFL so you can learn more about it to see where your statement is incorrect.

<< <i>

<< <i>At least our case has hardware in it. The Eagles do not even need a case, stand or a spotlight. >>

That simply is not true if you understand NFL history...yes, the Eagles have not won a "Super Bowl", but we have won 3 NFL championships, and in fact the Super Bowl is the NFL championship game.

The Eagles do own 3 pieces of "hardware" as you call it - Perhaps you should Google the history of the NFL so you can learn more about it to see where your statement is incorrect. >>

My bad, do you need some polish and a rag?

• << <i>

The Eagles do own 3 pieces of "hardware" as you call it - Perhaps you should Google the history of the NFL so you can learn more about it to see where your statement is incorrect. >>

And the Detroit Lions have 4 NFL championships.

<< <i>

<< <i>

My bad, do you need some polish and a rag? >>

Your trophies ain't that new either - save some of that polish.

• AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    As one poster said "

<< <i> if you understand NFL history >>

".

Let's take a blind stat test comparing two NFL teams.

Team A: Has won the NFL championship an "average of 1 out of every 10 years" in its existence.
    Team B: Has won the NFL championship an "average of 1 out of every 26 years" in its existence.

Team A: Has had a winning overall season record 71% of its existence.
    Team B: Has had a winning overall season record 49% of its existence.

Head-to-Head:
    Team A on top: 55 -43

I'll take team A when it comes time to talk smack.image
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.

<< <i>As one poster said "

".

Team A: Has won the NFL championship an "average of 1 out of every 10 years" in its existence.
    Team B: Has won the NFL championship an "average of 1 out of every 26 years" in its existence.

Head-to-Head:

I'll take team A when it comes time to talk smack.image >>

Take whatever team ya want...but smack is much better when it's about the current season, and the Dallas Cowboys are 1 - 3...I don't even really need to further smack that because it sounds so delightful as is. image
  • AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    You do have to eat your cake whenever you can--when it happens so rarely. Congrats on only having 2 losses so far, while the Cowboys have 3 losses. Such a huge domination.image
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.

<< <i>You do have to eat your cake whenever you can--when it happens so rarely. Congrats on only having 2 losses so far, while the Cowboys have 3 losses. Such a huge domination.image >>

That is what happens when you do not have a Super Bowl win.
  • billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Can I just state, for the record, that bringing up a team's past achievements to make up for the shame of it's current crappiness is about as lame as one can possibly get?

<< <i>Can I just state, for the record, that bringing up a team's past achievements to make up for the shame of it's current crappiness is about as lame as one can possibly get? >>

The Cowboys are shameful and crappy - they should do the right thing and forfeit the rest of the season, tear down the new stadium, and move the franchise to the northern most point in Alaska.
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Can I just state, for the record, that bringing up a team's past achievements to make up for the shame of it's current crappiness is about as lame as one can possibly get? >>

The Cowboys are shameful and crappy - they should do the right thing and forfeit the rest of the season, tear down the new stadium, and move the franchise to the northern most point in Alaska. >>

What do you have against Alaska?
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

<< <i>

<< <i>

The Cowboys are shameful and crappy - they should do the right thing and forfeit the rest of the season, tear down the new stadium, and move the franchise to the northern most point in Alaska. >>

What do you have against Alaska? >>

You're right - I should have chosen a more desolate area where nobody wants to go such as Citi Field. image
    I don't see how you can say the Cowboys are such a Crappy team. Sure they are 1 and 3, BUT they could have won all of the 3 that they lost. They haven't been beat up by anyone except themselves.

Why do you think they are on top on offense and close to the top on defense and are 1 and 3. Mistakes Mistakes Mistakes!!!

I will be surprised if they do that good until they get a coach that can coach. They have the talent.

Everyone does it, it makes us feel better.
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Sure they are 1 and 3, BUT they could have won all of the 3 that they lost. >>

Have I told you about my Aunt Edna?
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    If Vick had replaced dogs with Eagles fans, he would have gotten 30 days and community service...
  • SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>As one poster said "

".

Head-to-Head:

I'll take team A when it comes time to talk smack.image >>

Take whatever team ya want...but smack is much better when it's about the current season, and the Dallas Cowboys are 1 - 3...I don't even really need to further smack that because it sounds so delightful as is. image >>

Since you can count to three, try counting the number of times Dallas trounced your sorry sack franchise last year. The last people who should be talking smack in a Cowboys fans are Eagles fans. Win a friggin game before your mouth.
    Oh, but that was last year and we can't count that.
    oh I luvs it when Cowboys fans are hissed off. ah ha ha ha ha ha ......................

Can't wait to see the posts if they go 1 - 4. LOL

<< <i>If Vick had replaced dogs with Eagles fans, he would have gotten 30 days and community service... >>

Now that's a good zinger. image

<< <i>oh I luvs it when Cowboys fans are hissed off. ah ha ha ha ha ha ......................

Can't wait to see the posts if they go 1 - 4. LOL >>

The Boys are not playing well and they are most likely not going to do anything this year. But don't get your hopes up because the Eagles will be right there beside them.
  • shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't SEE how you can say the Cowboys are such a Crappy team.

<< <i>

I think that's the whole problem ... you just don't SEE ... what is so clearly obvious to everyone else.

You don't SEE that your team is currently in last place in the NFC East division. Not tied for last place, but sitting all alone in last place. You don't SEE your losses as defeats, you SEE them as "giving games away" or "they were robbed", etc. It seems like there's always an excuse whenever the Cowboys don't win.

You don't SEE that your teams glory days are almost 2 decades old, and there's just no light at the end of the tunnel for this years "home field Super Bowl" that Cowboy fans have been jabbering about all year.

You don't SEE that the illusion of them being called "America's Team" was really nothing more than a marketing ploy, set off by a bunch of pre-pubescent teenage boys buying up Dallas Cowboy Cheerleading posters back in the 1970's / 80's.

You don't SEE how silly you look when you make statements like << "The 92-93 Cowboys are the best team to ever play the game." >>.

Yes, the Cowboys had very good teams those 2 years, and yes they won the Super Bowls ... but they certainly didn't dominate all the other teams enough to be considered for "best ever." The truth is they lost 7 different games over those 2 years. In 1992 they lost 3 games ... to the Eagles, Rams and Redskins. And in 1993 they lost 4 games ... to the Bills, Falcons, Dolphins, and Redskins.

Also, many of their wins those 2 years were very close games. They only out scored their opponents by 166 points in 1992 and 147 points in 1993. That averages out to about 9 points per game. That's hardly dominant ... or "the best team ever" kind of numbers. For comparison sake, the 1991 Redskins outscored their opponents by 261 points, which is about 16 points per game. Other teams have dominated even more ... and the last time I checked, the Dolphins are still the only team to ever go undefeated for an entire season.

You also keep touting the 5 trophies the Cowboys have won, like it's some kind of world record ... but you don't seem to understand that people actually walked upright on the face of the planet prior to 1960 when the Cowboys were born. If we're counting total championship trophies, we have to acknowledge that the Packers have 12, the Bears have 9, the Browns have 8, the Giants have 7, the Steelers have 6, the Redskins have 5, and the 49er's also have 5.

So open your eyes a little wider, and maybe you will SEE, like everyone else does .... that your Cowboys are the most over-hyped, bust team in the NFL this year. Actually, that might be a real NFL record that could go to the Cowboys ... the most consecutive years of being the most over rated team.

Now the first step in your healing process is to admit that you have a problem. So if you'll just admit to yourself that the reality of the situation is that the Cowboys will probably only win 2 games out of the next 7 they play, it won't hurt so much when they lose. And you won't have to come back here and make excuses for all of the mistakes they made, and all of the plays they shoulda, coulda, woulda made.

baby steps, baby steps.

"Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/

<< <i>

<< <i>I don't SEE how you can say the Cowboys are such a Crappy team.

<< <i>

I think that's the whole problem ... you just don't SEE ... what is so clearly obvious to everyone else.

You don't SEE that your team is currently in last place in the NFC East division. Not tied for last place, but sitting all alone in last place. You don't SEE your losses as defeats, you SEE them as "giving games away" or "they were robbed", etc. It seems like there's always an excuse whenever the Cowboys don't win.

You don't SEE that your teams glory days are almost 2 decades old, and there's just no light at the end of the tunnel for this years "home field Super Bowl" that Cowboy fans have been jabbering about all year.

You don't SEE that the illusion of them being called "America's Team" was really nothing more than a marketing ploy, set off by a bunch of pre-pubescent teenage boys buying up Dallas Cowboy Cheerleading posters back in the 1970's / 80's.

You don't SEE how silly you look when you make statements like << "The 92-93 Cowboys are the best team to ever play the game." >>.

Yes, the Cowboys had very good teams those 2 years, and yes they won the Super Bowls ... but they certainly didn't dominate all the other teams enough to be considered for "best ever." The truth is they lost 7 different games over those 2 years. In 1992 they lost 3 games ... to the Eagles, Rams and Redskins. And in 1993 they lost 4 games ... to the Bills, Falcons, Dolphins, and Redskins.

Also, many of their wins those 2 years were very close games. They only out scored their opponents by 166 points in 1992 and 147 points in 1993. That averages out to about 9 points per game. That's hardly dominant ... or "the best team ever" kind of numbers. For comparison sake, the 1991 Redskins outscored their opponents by 261 points, which is about 16 points per game. Other teams have dominated even more ... and the last time I checked, the Dolphins are still the only team to ever go undefeated for an entire season.

You also keep touting the 5 trophies the Cowboys have won, like it's some kind of world record ... but you don't seem to understand that people actually walked upright on the face of the planet prior to 1960 when the Cowboys were born. If we're counting total championship trophies, we have to acknowledge that the Packers have 12, the Bears have 9, the Browns have 8, the Giants have 7, the Steelers have 6, the Redskins have 5, and the 49er's also have 5.

So open your eyes a little wider, and maybe you will SEE, like everyone else does .... that your Cowboys are the most over-hyped, bust team in the NFL this year. Actually, that might be a real NFL record that could go to the Cowboys ... the most consecutive years of being the most over rated team.

Now the first step in your healing process is to admit that you have a problem. So if you'll just admit to yourself that the reality of the situation is that the Cowboys will probably only win 2 games out of the next 7 they play, it won't hurt so much when they lose. And you won't have to come back here and make excuses for all of the mistakes they made, and all of the plays they shoulda, coulda, woulda made.

baby steps, baby steps. >>

If it's okay, I'd like to nominate this for Post Of the Day.
    OK, first - I never said we were robbed in any game this year. Actually now that they have the challange and reverse bad calls the game is much better there. They still miss calls and make calls that aren't there, but it is much better now.

Second - what do you want me to do, drop the Cowboys because they are having a bad year!! NOT GOING TO HAPPEN !!! I have been a Cowboy fan since 1960, when they came in the league. We have had a few bad years, but mostly good, very good to extremely good. Read a previous reply on our total stats from 1960 to now. One year in the 80's we only won one game, which allowed us to get the first pick and we got Aikman and built a super team that won 3 Super Bowls and could have won more if Jerry Jones would have left Johnson alone.

Third - On the 92-93 team. Yes, they were they best ever. If you go up and down the roster no team could match up to them.

And if you want to talk over rated...........the 72 Fish are the most over rated team EVER!!! Look at the teams they played. They could not play with half the teams of today. What the Pats accomplished in 2008 was much much more impressive!

And last I will take the Cowboys and their history, and history counts, any day. It makes me smile when people put the Cowboys down because it just means they are jealous and have beat your team(s) in the past. Deep down you know that is true.

• << <i>

Third - On the 92-93 team. Yes, they were they best ever. If you go up and down the roster no team could match up to them.

>>

Those 49'ers teams of the 80's wouldve beaten those cowboys. As well as the team that won 4 super bowls in 6 years in the 70's. And i'm sure some Patriots fans might have something to say as well.