Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

1999 Liberty Gold Coin ring in my lost and Found

Soooo long story short.... someone lost the following item:::: A 14K yellow gold ring weighing 9.5 grams and boasting a fine $5 1999 USA gold liberty 1/10th ounce coin! So here is my question, after one month security comes in and cleans out the lost and found... is there any records kept on this things? it is worn so i am assuming the person is super rich cus there wearing $600 on there finger but i would feel horrible if the item was just trashed after the 30 days.... any thought?image
You Gotta Believe

Comments

• Options
    yea give it to me
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
    gdavis70,Musky1011,cohodk,cucamongacoin,robkool,chumley, drei3ree, Rampage,jmski52, commoncents05, dimples, dcarr, Grouchy, holeinone1972, JonMN34, mission16,meltdown,Omega,PQpeace, SeaEagleCoins, WaterSport, whatsup,Wizard1,WinLoseWin,MMR,49thStateofMind,SamByrd,Ahrensdad,BAJJERFAN,timrutnat,TWQG,CarlWohlforth,Ciccio,PreTurb,NumisMe,Patches,NotSure,luvcoins123,piecesofme,perryhall,nibanny,atarian,airplanenut
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Soooo long story short.... someone lost the following item:::: A 14K yellow gold ring weighing 9.5 grams and boasting a fine $5 1999 USA gold liberty 1/10th ounce coin! So here is my question, after one month security comes in and cleans out the lost and found... is there any records kept on this things? it is worn so i am assuming the person is super rich cus there wearing $600 on there finger but i would feel horrible if the item was just trashed after the 30 days.... any thought?image >>

I am sure that this was not a $600 ring in 1999. From the worn aspect the owner probably had it since then. It does not mean he is "super rich".

"after one month security comes in and cleans out the lost and found... is there any records kept on this things?" Where does the lost and found go? What process does your lost and found have for disposal? There should be a written policy or proceedure for said disposal. Records are a wise policy for entities that deal with personal property. What type of business/entity are we talking about here?

It is one of those moral issues. If your business has a policy that allows the property finder to keep the property after a given amount of time then that is one thing. If there is no policy and you have to "take" the item because you want it, that is another. At least in my opinion.
  • Options
    just give it to me ....no worries
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
    gdavis70,Musky1011,cohodk,cucamongacoin,robkool,chumley, drei3ree, Rampage,jmski52, commoncents05, dimples, dcarr, Grouchy, holeinone1972, JonMN34, mission16,meltdown,Omega,PQpeace, SeaEagleCoins, WaterSport, whatsup,Wizard1,WinLoseWin,MMR,49thStateofMind,SamByrd,Ahrensdad,BAJJERFAN,timrutnat,TWQG,CarlWohlforth,Ciccio,PreTurb,NumisMe,Patches,NotSure,luvcoins123,piecesofme,perryhall,nibanny,atarian,airplanenut