Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1977 Topps Cloth PSA 10 Done!

http://www.psacard.com/PSASetRegistry/publishedset.aspx?s=7322

It took me ripping about 10-15 boxes and several buys and trades from friends here, but I am finally done. I have 3 more sets in the works for each of my kids, and about 20 of each raw. I started collecting this set when I was 10 and I never tired of it. Much easier to put together than the 700 card monsters and more fun to display.

The picture isn't the best, but I look at the set quite often and I remember back to going to the local shop to get a pack of these.

Maybe the next step is to get one of each of the singe and double asterisk variations. Not now, but maybe.
Looking for 77 cloth 9s and 10s.
54 Red Hearts
and now 64 Stand ups

Comments

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Link to set

Great looking set and all in PSA 10.

A big Congrats...image

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    Luke, Outstanding job on that set.

Where did you find the Randy Jones? That's always been a tough card.

"The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    LJB17LJB17 Posts: 252 ✭✭
    Found the Jones on ebay from Sandlot. After looking for this card for over 7 years I thought it would not come up. I have been through at least 100 or more examples myself and even written PSA to change the rating on it. The card is almost always bubbled to one side. Two have come up in the last 6 months. I was a little concerned with what I would actually get, but it looks like a good card to me. I think the Seaver is almost equally difficult. I now own the only 1 of 1 left in Claudell Washington. (It is a tough one, but not in the top 5 for me previously.)
    54 Red Hearts
    and now 64 Stand ups
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations -- great accomplishment!

What's next? ;-)
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Congratulations on a job well done. This truly is an amazing feat. image
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

What a great accomplishment.!!!!!!image
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    Great Set! Love the display!!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Great achievement. They look great!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spectacular feat (and set) image
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    That is a great set
    congratulations
  • Options
    Congrats! Great looking set.
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS: BKritz; Akuracy503; Rogermjn; MBMiller25; Artimus; JasonM32; Burke23; Alnavman; InitialD; Gregmo32; Ping4u43; Rbdjr1; Rexvos; Drewsef; Italianstallionyankees; Zep33; Samsgirl214; Bunker; Swartz1; MeteoriteGuy; Itzagoner; VitoCo1972; Saucywombat; RaptorsRule04; Dboneesq; Hallco; ldferg; Hawaii76; Epatmythes; Vladguerrero; Calaban7; Cardcounter2; BobS; Recbball; BarkusD; ShootyBabitt: WalterSobchak; Mrmint23; Nightcrawler729
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Damn that is good!

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job on the set!!!

Can you please explain how you made the display for your cards? It is something I would be very interested in doing for some of my smaller sets.

Thanks, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Very nice job on the set.

I really like the way your cards are displayed.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    Wow! That's an amazing set you have.
    I can't imagine an all 9 set let alone an all 10 set.
    I've opened a few packs of those stickers and they were always
    cut so poorly with fraying on the edges.

Congrats on the accomplishment.
  • Options
    LJB17LJB17 Posts: 252 ✭✭

<< <i>Great job on the set!!!

Can you please explain how you made the display for your cards? It is something I would be very interested in doing for some of my smaller sets.

Thanks, Paul. >>

This is actually from a standard site that has cards displayed called displayco.com. fortunately they have a case that holds 55 and that is exactly the set count. I am in the middle of getting a local place to customize one for me, but that has been very difficult for me. I told him if he set something up right I could guarantee at least 100 buys within 3 months. However, as I have not been happy with the prototypes, I am not willing to stick my neck out on these boards.

Contact me direct if you have further questions.

Luke
    54 Red Hearts
    and now 64 Stand ups
  • Options
    cougar701cougar701 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭
    Super Kewl Set LJB17 and Congrats on completion in PSA 10!

To be able to display it like that is awesome and something you can truly enjoy over and over again.

• Options
    cadets68cadets68 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    Wow that is great. And a great display as well. Congrats.

Shawn
    After those four National League games, Gorman Thomas was never the same, and neither were the Brewers, and come to think of it neither was I.

Josh Wilker - Cardboard Gods
  • Options
    tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    Great set! Love those 1977's! Im working on the 1977 O-P-Chee baseball set. 264 cards and I have a GPA of 9.27 with I think 39 PSA 10's.
    The cloth set is a project I will probably get into some day...
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Luke, that is an incredible accomplishment!

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    that wall display rocks, very nice job. image