Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Assay Commission Minutes available.

The set of all known Annual Assay Commission minutes from 1800-1943 is expected to be available to collectors in about 3 weeks.
The volume includes 4 DVDs of images for each year's meeting in convenient PDF format.

A special introductory price will be announced as soon as the DVDs are back from the replication service.

(Cover image mock-up.)

Comments

• savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,267 ✭✭✭✭
    >>......as the DVDs are back from the replication service>>

selling 'replicas' i see!?!

www.brunkauctions.com

• RWBRWB Posts: 8,082
    Yep---"replicas" of my original DVDs !
  • savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,267 ✭✭✭✭
    just having some light-hearted fun with a term that has been overused, of late

let me say that any production Roger Burdette puts his name on is worthy of your consideration image

www.brunkauctions.com

These are definitely copies. image Most pages are manuscript and the page count totals about 2,000.

This will make all the original minutes available to researchers for the first time. Instead of traveling to Philadelphia, PA or College Park, MD, and waiting much of the day to examine one year’s minutes, any year can now be accessed in a few moments.

Want to know how many 1873-CC dollars were saved for assay? Open the calendar year 1873 file and there it is
    The set includes mint reports from 1796 to 1822 and 1827, assay coins reserved by the various mints including Charlotte, Dahlonega, and New Orleans from 1840-1851, and other items relating to the assay commission.

[…through about including a magic decoder ring for 19th century handwriting, but couldn’t find one…]
    Info bump
    how many bumps make a hump?
    Master DVDs going out tomorrow for replication.
    Special price for esylum readers: Complete set of 4 DVDs for $25 postpaid. Good until December 10.

Thereafter, retail is $75.00 in library case.

Check or MO to:
    Seneca Mill Press LLC
    PO Box 1423
    Great Falls, VA 22066
  • jfoot13jfoot13 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭
    What ever happened with that Warnickel lamination article you were working on?
    If you can't swim you better stay in the boat.......
  • jfoot13jfoot13 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭
    Also is is that the address I send to for the 25.00 bump as opposed to waiting till december and getting the 75.00 hump
    If you can't swim you better stay in the boat.......
    The lamination material is for use in a book chapter discussion the wartime alloy changes.

Yes. That's the publisher. The Assay Commission special price is good through Dec 10. Just note "Esylum" and enclose check or MO.
    Bump to coordinate with the thousands of US Coin forum members searching for this ad....
  • Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    Order in the mail tomorrow!
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in. Could I get extras at the introductory price, or is this one per customer ?
    Order as many as you like. Take a look at one set, decide if it's what you expected, then order more if you wish. Would rather have folks happy than sell a bunch and have them returned due to "Great Expectations."
    The first shipment has been allocated to purchasers.

I expect another shipment in about a week.
    The 1st shipment is on the way to me and should arrive by mid-week. The DVDs will go out the next day.

The second shipment are going to take an extra week or so due to slowness of holiday shipping. (No, it's not reasonable to pay for overnight shipping – the total value is too low to justify the cost.)
    The remaining DVD orders received through 12/3/2010 will be mailed tomorrow.
  • BGBG Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The remaining DVD orders received through 12/3/2010 will be mailed tomorrow. >>

Additional orders received through 12/9/2010 have been mailed.
  • CoinNewBeeCoinNewBee Posts: 140 ✭✭✭

Always more to know!
  • CoinNewBeeCoinNewBee Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    I collect Annual Assay Commission medals and bought your collection of Commission Minutes CDs last fall. They are a very helpful addition to the few research tools available. I just purchased a 1869 AC-6 silver medal. An interesting medal because of the die crack that occured in the first few strikes requiring a second obverse design. There are also two reverse designs.

Once I purchsed this Assay Commission medal I immediatly went to disc 1 in your set to see if the issues with these dies were mentioned. However that disc will not run.

Is it possible to have that disc replaced? When I contacted Seneca Mill Press to purchase the set origionally they indicated they had to contact you first? I'd love to be able to have disc 1 if it's possible.

Thanks in advance and thanks for this wonderful research tool.

Always more to know!
  • Aegis3Aegis3 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, the powers that be decided that RWB was no longer welcome. Their loss. He can be reached at the forums at NGC.
    --

Ed. S.

(EJS)
  • keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sent Roger a message across the street to let him know about this post.
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile: