Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Stone193 -- got one of these World Series games?

Mike! I was thinking of you when I saw this awesome game at an antique mall last Saturday. It's by a company named Rockola, which sounds more like a jukebox maker? I asked the shop owner how old the machine is and he said 1933 or 1934 was the year of manufacture. Have you seen one before?

Comments

• Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭
    ttt

Has anyone heard from Mike lately? I PMed him with no reply...
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    sometimes he Can Be Tracked down other places...

edit: that's a fantastic game!
  • Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭

<< <i>sometimes he Can Be Tracked down other places...

edit: that's a fantastic game! >>

Thanks, Geordie!

I know Mike has talked about LST (let's talk sportscards) before. He may be pre-occupied over there or busy with life...

[edited to add: post #2200 !)
  • Options
    Mike, seeing another addition to your game collection got me to wondering if you ever saw this thread.

I see in a PM you did check out the link I sent you.

Wonder if the dealer would come down on the price. I wouldn't mind having this one!
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    That is a cool looking game.

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    WOW image COOL!!

The only question I have is does the game still work or is it just a non working show piece?

Looks to be in pretty good condition for the age.

Dave
  • Options

<< <i>...does the game still work... >>

It looked to be in good enough condition to be played. Looking at the pics again I see a ball set up like it's ready to play.

Next time we're in Centralia (WA), I'll stop by and see if it's still available...
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Mike

A nice copy of this went recently in an auction - can't remember which one - went for about 1700 if memory serves.

That's way more than the one I picked up.

Thanx for the link - I do remember this thread.

Happy Holidays!
    Mike