Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone have a 1971 Topps Bert Blyleven PSA 8 scan?

I have heard that this card is one of the tougher ones to find in 7-8-9 condition in this set. Generally speaking, is this card graded more harshly/held to a higher standard than others in the set?

Does anyone have a scan of this card in a PSA 8 that they can post? I just submitted one (I'll post a scan if I can find it) and am curious what the "standard" is. I checked for recoloration (learned from the 71 Munson incident) and it is clean...it looks to be in the same condition as the PSA 8 71 Marichal I have. Curious to see what others have come across.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    jamesryanbelljamesryanbell Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭
    Only thing I could find...sorry about the size.

-- Ryan Bell
  • Options
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭
    Here's mine:

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    AlbertdiditAlbertdidit Posts: 560 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Here's mine:

image >>

Wow thats a strong looking 8..Does it seem to you it could be an 8.5?
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    sorry about the size.

that's what she said
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow thats a strong looking 8..Does it seem to you it could be an 8.5? >>

Possibly after a few tries. Lower right corner has a little hit.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."