Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Got a neg. from an Ebay buyer

Got my first negative feedback tonight from an Ebay buyer. Says he still doesn't have his cards (he doesn't, looks like they are stuck in an Indy PO), but no contact prior with me before leaving a neg. Looked and it is the only feedback he has ever left, quality buyer. I understand being frustrated on not getting your cards, but I cannot hand deliver every box and most reasonable buyers can tell when the PO is at fault. riddell7028 is now on my BBL.
From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
~WalterSobchak

Comments

• storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

Disgusting!

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about this, do you have DC? I assume since you know where it is.

You can reply to the neg, keep it short and professional, most buyers overlook this type of neg.

Again, sorry!

Steve
    Good for you.

• << <i>Got my first negative feedback tonight from an Ebay buyer. Says he still doesn't have his cards (he doesn't, looks like they are stuck in an Indy PO), but no contact prior with me before leaving a neg. Looked and it is the only feedback he has ever left, quality buyer. I understand being frustrated on not getting your cards, but I cannot hand deliver every box and most reasonable buyers can tell when the PO is at fault. riddell7028 is now on my BBL. >>

and what is scarier is it looks like you could have another 39 Negs coming.
    Thanks for the heads up. riddell7028 is now on my BBL.
  • Actually, I just looked up the DC number on the USPS web site, says they attempted to deliver the package to him on Sept 3. He needed to sign for it so they left him a notice. Yeah, really deserved the negative from this d-bag.
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a clown!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Actually, I just looked up the DC number on the USPS web site, says they attempted to deliver the package to him on Sept 3. He needed to sign for it so they left him a notice. Yeah, really deserved the negative from this d-bag. >>

///////////////////////////////////////////////////

That being the case, you can call EBAY and pitch your
    story. If it fails on the first CS-monkey, ask for a
    supervisor.

The odds are a little long, but it's worth a phone call.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Don't feel alone. All great men publicly grieve the loss of their perfect Ebay feedback record.
  • Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebay should allow more narrative in feedback.
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Why would he need to sign for a 99 cent item?
  • He bought 40 cards that totaled over $300, hence I sent it signature confirmation.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • i don't feel your pain.

yet. image

• zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>He bought 40 cards that totaled over $300, hence I sent it signature confirmation. >>

Ouch, so now he's gonna be able to leave you 39 more negatives? What a jerk
  • I should have offered to either wait at his house for the mail to come so I could sign for his cards or maybe at this point offer to drive him to the post office to pick them up.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    It's been almost a month since they attempted delivery
    The package might be on its way back to you by now
  • typical ebay crap

• << <i>Actually, I just looked up the DC number on the USPS web site, says they attempted to deliver the package to him on Sept 3. He needed to sign for it so they left him a notice. Yeah, really deserved the negative from this d-bag. >>

I had this happen to me, but I didn't leave a neg. asked a seller where my item was? and he directed me to usps.com to show me they attempted delivery and left notice, I never received the notice, but i went to the post office and low and behold there was my package. left positive & 5 stars for seller.

I would ask riddell7028 to go to the post office and then revise the the feedback he left you. it sucks when you get an impatient & paranoid buyer that shoots first and asks questions later.

Hope everything works out for you. This is why ebay feedback sucks 1 buyer can wreck your reputation and ratings. Did riddell7028 ding your stars also?
  • thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    If it's of any consolation, if I were reading your feedback prior to buying from you and saw your appended comment, I wouldn't count it against you at all. I suspect many potential buyers would feel the same way. Might cost you some FVF discounts, but probably not any potential new or repeat customers.

Still, it blows.

• DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Where are the cards now?

Keep working with the buyer and act polite. Send him a note that you are concerned about him not getting his cards. Point out that they were delivered but no one home to sign for it. It was an expensive purchase so you wanted a signature confirmation in order to ensure it got handed to the right person.

Once he gets his cards, then politely ask if the feedback can be removed. Perhaps offer a small partial refund to entice him (last resort of course). BBL for sure.

I don't know what reply you can add to this negative feedback, but do keep it professional once you know you can no longer get it removed. I am picky about who I buy from, so I only deal with 100% feedback sellers. If its just one negative, I do look to see what went on and if the seller explained what went on.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee