Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Hey Steve (WinPitcher) and Mark (MeteoriteGuy) . . . Thanks guys!

For the past few months, I haven't had much time to visit these boards (or be part of the hobby at all for that matter). I had received a PM from Steve (WinPitcher) that sat unread for the better part of 10 days. Apparently, Steve won a contest that Mark had, and Steve requested that the prize be sent to me, because I am, after all, detroitfan2. Mark held the prize for several weeks until he finally heard from me. Yesterday, there's one of those bubble mailers waiting for me when I got home, and alas . . .

I had a fun time explaining everything to my son. I told him one guy won a contest from another guy and asked that the guy with the prize send it to me. My son said "you didn't even have to pay for shipping?" (he's learning the ropes of ebay image). He then asked "were those guys your friends?". I thought about it for a second and said "I guess so son, I guess so."

Thanks guys!

Comments

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ssssssswwwweeeeeeet Lou!!!! image
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Yet ANOTHER showing of the generosity of the GOOD GUYS on this forum! Enjoy the card!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Great full name sig. Props to Steve and Mark.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    Looking for Cello packs with Bill Buckner on top
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    Steve-o is just alright with me.

So is Jesus.

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Glad you got it Tom.

Major props to Mark for allowing me to do it that way.

Dan, my son is ok with me as well.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Steve guy is ok, if not a bit superstitious about official first place threads for certain NY sports teams...image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, it's my 9,000th post...just 1K more and I can choose my title, LOL!! image

How time flies!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    good stuff!

and congrats grote!