Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The high end is going up to the moon, but is this a good time to invest in VF/XF collector coins of

The high end is going up to the moon, but is this a good time to invest in VF/XF collector coins of Key dates at these lower levels?

A 1856 S dime PCGS XF40 CAC just sold for $1380, the same price a NGC VF coin hammered for a in 2008. PCGS XF 45's were trading at $2500 2 years ago ( I was the buyer) and 1860 O dimes have become very cheap too. An ag sold for under $400 problem free, these were selling on ebay for over $500 2 years ago in the same grade, with problems.

It seems the circulated buyer is not buying these up anymore but as history tells us, this will change.

Have these become a good 5 year investment with inflation coming in the next few years?
I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.

Comments

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always thought they were great buys. I love keys in VF/XF. I hope I'm not a dope for selling some of them right now.
    Lance.
  • Options
    TahoeDaleTahoeDale Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭
    Yes, if there is real rarity to the date.

For the CBH series, AU's and better will always be in demand, if they are pq for grade, and original(almost)
    TahoeDale
  • Options
    MoldnutMoldnut Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I think thats a good idea. I think its even a better idea to go after the semi key dates that often don't get the attention. I've always liked the "S" quarters from the mid 1850s to the late 1860s.
    Derek

EAC 6024

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file