Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What's a 1957 Yankees team autographed ball worth ?

Comments

• Options
    al032184al032184 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭
    don't know, but I can tell you a picture is worth a thousand words.
  • Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>don't know, but I can tell you a picture is worth a thousand words. >>

Didn't get to take a pic, but Mantle is in the sweet spot,
    Know that it's good it matches his 52 Bowman cards
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    The ball could be worth from 500.00 to 5000.00 or any amount in between. (or more)

Things like clubhouse sigs will bring the value down, the color of the ball.

Is it a game used or official ball as opposed to a LL ball etc.

Too many variables for me to give any appraisal.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    About tree fiddy.
  • Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll have it either tomorrow or next Wednesday.
    So I'll take a pic.
    Hopefully making a deal on his 51,52, bowman, 52,53, topps, low grade specimens
    And about ten 33's including the worst babe Ruth I've ever seen.
  • Options
    Here is a website that has a priceguide for team signed baseballs: http://keymancollectibles.com/teamsignedbaseball.htm

The site claims the prices are based on recently closed auctions, and looking them over, they seem reasonable. According to this price guide, a 57 Yankees ball is worth between $1,000 - $1,500. You may get more than $1,500 if it is in good condition with all the key players (Mantle, Berra, Ford, etc) and there are no clubhouse signatures. Hope that helps image
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭
    For those who collect autographs, I recommend the new book put out by Jimmy Spence & John Mitnick entitled "Team Baseballs" and in it there is a study of Yankee team signed balls and their conclusion was that from 1951 thru 1954, Mantle signatures found on team balls are genuine & clubhouse versions of Mantle's signature started in '55 and for the year 1957, they estimate that 80% of the teams balls have a Mantle clubhouse signature...(90% from 1958 to 1968).................

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.