Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Where's Mrhalfdime?

He hasn't been on since January. Did I miss something?

Dennis

Comments

• Options
    He hasn't been on the LSCC forum since January either, hope everythings okay!
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• Options
    rheddenrhedden Posts: 6,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Missing in action. No response to my PM two weeks ago.
  • Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    I hope everything is OK.
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    I've asked this question a couple times this year, but I have yet to receive an answer.

Hope everything is ok image
  • Options
    seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭
    Steve must be taking an extended break.
    I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve is healthy and happy. He does not access the internet much these days. Will see him next week.
  • Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last time I saw him he said he was busy doing coin things, just not on the Internet.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Steve is healthy and happy. He does not access the internet much these days. Will see him next week. >>

Please tell him Captain Henway sends his regards.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Steve is healthy and happy. He does not access the internet much these days. Will see him next week. >>

Please tell him Captain Henway sends his regards.
    TD >>

Tell him everyone from The Boards sends their regards!
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I let Steve know when I see him or talk to him on the phone that he gets asked about a lot! He still tells a favorite CaptHenway story every now and then (same story, same coin)...one of his favorites.
  • Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RichieURich sends MrHalfDime his best wishes. And, it was nice to see him at the Boston ANA!

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options
    MrHalfDimeMrHalfDime Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭✭
    I am happy to report that, despite the greatly exaggerated reports of my demise, I am alive and well, and back among the world of the Internet-connected. My largely self-imposed hiatus from the Internet, lasting for more than ten months, and prompted chiefly by a battle with my former ISP, ultimately forced me to throw up my hands in disgust and unplug myself from the cyber world. I reasoned that I had managed to conduct my life for a half century without the Internet, and I could easily do so again. However, I soon learned that I missed this and other coin forums, my many Internet friends, and the camaraderie and exchange of ideas to be found here, so I swallowed my pride, threw away my dial-up modem, and joined the twenty-first century with a ‘high speed’ Internet connection. It is difficult enough to be completely isolated from the numismatic community up here in the frozen tundra of Maine without exacerbating the situation by cutting off my one connection to the civilized world.

I am deeply grateful, indeed humbled, by the expressions of concern for my health and well being during my absence. I would have all of you know that, while it is true that I continue to deal with the chronic symptoms of congestive heart failure, it was not my health but my innate stubbornness, which led to my absence for these many months. I am healthy, and looking forward to a continued exchange of thoughts, information and ideas on United States numismatics. Of course, anything of value that I might be able to contribute would, of necessity, be on the subject of half dimes, but I am eager to rejoin that discussion. Thanks to all of you who expressed concern.
    They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭
    Glad to have you back among us

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options
    VTCoinsVTCoins Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭
    Welcome back!
    Tim Puro
    Puro's Coins and Jewelry
    Rutland, VT

(802)773-3883

Link to my website www.vtcoins.com

Link to my eBay auctions

Buy, sell and trade all coins, US paper money, jewelry, diamonds and anything made of gold, silver or platinum.
  • Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back!!! image

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options
    I didn't have a chance to formally meet you at FUN, but I sat a few rows behind you at the LSCC meeting.

Edited to add: you can also ignore all the PM's I sent you shortly after your hiatus image
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome home!
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file