Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OT - Ryder Cup

I'm looking for the U.S. to deliver a beatdown this weekend in Wales. I like the makeup of the team this year. You have Tiger, Phil, Furyk, Stricker, Cink, Mahan and Zach Johnson all of whom have Ryder Cup experience and I love all of the rookies on the team. Kuchar is playing as well as anyone and Dustin Johnson, Bubba Watson, and Rickie Fowler aren't gonna back down from anyone. My only question mark is Jeff Overton, but he hits it straight and long so I look for him to play alternate shot.

I put a couple thou on them at +175 yesterday and then a couple hundred on the tie at +1100 just to cover that end of it. I think the line is way off and the US will come through. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many good Europeans. Woods will meltdown, as will Dustin Johnson. Thankfully we have Stricker who at least has some consistency. Not a fan of Pavin, so Colin and Europe have the edge there. Also, don't discount the home turf, the Europeans understand the weather changes and game adjustments. Bubba Watson swings for the fences no matter what the weather.
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    That's strong, conventional wisdom is the Euros are going to be delivering the beatdown.

USA needs to just stay within a couple points going to Sunday, if that happens they'll pound them in the singles.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    if there were only a forum here to talk about sports, image
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭

<< <i>if there were only a forum here to talk about sports, image >>

or maybe one for people to click on threads clearly marked OT and gripe about stuff instead of just skipping over the threads they don't want to read. You could hang out there.
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭

<< <i>

or maybe one for people to click on threads clearly marked OT and gripe about stuff instead of just skipping over the threads they don't want to read. You could hang out there. >>

Please do explain why you feel the need to not put it in the sports talk forum? Is it an ego thing? I'm actually curious.
    You must be clearly right, being of such high moral character. Sincerest apologies extended.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

or maybe one for people to click on threads clearly marked OT and gripe about stuff instead of just skipping over the threads they don't want to read. You could hang out there. >>

Please do explain why you feel the need to not put it in the sports talk forum? Is it an ego thing? I'm actually curious.
    You must be clearly right, being of such high moral character. Sincerest apologies extended. >>

apology accepted.
  • Options
    Since I work night shift and have for 24 years I keep the same hours on the weekends I work during the week. I just heard that first round coverage will begin at 2:30 AM Friday night (Saturday morning) and continue all night. Something will be on besides infomercials and football.
    Am looking forward to it.

Ron
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • Options
    BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭

<< <i>I put a couple thou on them at +175 yesterday and then a couple hundred on the tie at +1100 just to cover that end of it. I think the line is way off and the US will come through. Thoughts? >>

I think you just lost your shirt.

I'm sorry this happened to you.
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    Tommy prints money. There's more where that came from. He's got one of those Constanza wallets full of hundos, credit cards, and coupons. It barely closes and is starting to cause severe back pain.

• Options
    yeah, Ryder Cup sucked. We made a good comeback today though. I guess I'll have to sell some tomatoes on the side of the road this week. image
  • Options
    BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Sucks man. Pavin didn't do you any favors when he set that lineup. Put Tiger against Donald, and Jimmy Furyk vs. Molinhead and this thing would've been church without Mahan's match.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items