Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Lincoln registry set holders, well anyone for that matter....

In my experiances, my visibility to sources for coins has been limited. I will be traveling to Nashville this week end to try to make some contacts for some coin shops. What I propose is we somehow track the 2 or three sets around ours and help each other up the ladder. What I mean is, if we find great deals for the coins we have, then why not bring it to the attention of the other registry set holders? I feel the return for helping others would be 10 fold. I teach my soldiers it is better to work as a team, and this is how I explain it.

If you worry about yourself and only yourself, then you have one person working for you and 9 (Out of a small Platoon of 10) working somewhat against you because you are working against the better of the team.

But if you work for the other 9 people in the platoon, by making their life easier in everyway you can, the you will have at least 9 other guys (We are an all Male usit) looking out for you. In turn, they will watch your back and protect you as a team.

I'm not sure if that makes since or not but to compair it to the coin Registry sets, if I am looking along for my set, then there is only about 1 hour a day (On a good week) looking for just the right coins for my sets.

That equates to about 7 hours a week on coins.

Now, if we chose a few sets to look out for, maybe a few dates of each set, then in turn, there will be say 4 people looking to help with each set which turns into 4 hours a day, and 28 hours a week pe set.

Does this all make since?

One thing we can do, is when we upgrade, search the other sets and offer the upgrades to other registry set holders. Find out their goals per set and assist the best we can.

Now I know this will take a little effort but I feel it will bring the Registry community closer.

Let me know what you all feel on this subject and feel free to sask any questions to clarify the rambling I just wrote.

Lincoln collector,
Ray

Comments

• Options
    Ray,

Alot us do help each other out. I have bought several hand me downs if you will when another person has upgraded their coin.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    Hi Ray,

I don't believe the Lincoln collectors are quite as friendly as the Mercury folks, but I'm willing to help another collector when I can. Coin shops in Georgia don't talk Lincolns for the most part.

My Wheat set isn't registered, but I still pass along my upgrades. My next submission is 1958-1969 Lincolns. The mid 50's stock I had wasn't all that good (no MS66's anyway). I'll be making one more Memorial submission (1970-date) before moving on to the Wheats and my newer interests.

Come on down to the Dalton, GA show next month!

David
  • Options
    BRdudeBRdude Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    We all know those Merc guys don't REALLY like each otherimageimageimage They are only like that in hopes of getting each others upgradesimageimageimage (just kidding guysimageyour a great group) I have met great folks since registering my sets, and had several offers to purchase upgrades. That is why I'm broke all the timeimageimage
    AKA kokimoki
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
    Join the NRA and protect YOUR right to keep and bear arms
    To protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not soundness of heart. Theodore Roosevelt
    [L]http://www.ourfallensoldier.com/ThompsonMichaelE_MemorialPage.html[L]
  • Options
    merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    Ray
    I've done some helping to both MS and Proof Registry owners,as you can confirm.I have also been helped by the other Lincoln collectors.So I think it does happen.
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • Options
    I've worked out deals with both type folks and proof Jefferson guys. It wouldn't have happened if I hadn't registered my sets.
  • Options
    I've had several cent collectors drop me emails or offer deals on coins they (or I) need and see. Usually I'll get a email or see it on the BST board. I usually notify other members the same way when I upgrade, I'll add you to my list and keep you posted.

Rich